These crispy and flavorful roasted red potatoes make a great side dish for any meal. They will become a new favorite in your monthly rotation!
I’ve never met a potato I didn’t like. I’m obsessed with all different kinds and these baked red potatoes are no exception. They are so yummy and are cooked to perfection. I also love potato wedges, sweet potato fries, mashed potatoes and a simple baked potato.
This roasted red potatoes recipe is a classic that will become a new favorite in your monthly rotation. They are so easy to bake and require hardly any clean up. Plus they roast up so nicely and are perfectly golden brown and delicious.
Try to look for the baby red potatoes if you can find them, because they roast more evenly and get super crispy. I also sometimes like to add grated parmesan cheese during the last 5 minutes of roasting to dress them up a bit. So tasty!
Cutting the potatoes
I like to buy mini red potatoes because they crisp up nicely and roast more evenly in the oven. To cut them, simply slice each potato in half, then slice the halves in half. You should end up with 4 small slices per mini red potato.
How to bake red potatoes in oven
Scroll down for the printable recipe.
- SEASON the potatoes with oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Toss until evenly coated.
- SPREAD the potatoes out evenly on a large baking sheet that’s been sprayed with nonstick oil.
- BAKE at 415°F for 30-40 minutes, until fork tender and edges are golden. Toss half way through.
Garlic and parsley are my two favorite spices to use, however there are lots of other yummy options. Check out some seasonings below that would taste delicious.
- Onion powder
- Italian seasoning
- Spray the pan with nonstick spray so the potatoes don’t stick to the bottom.
- Let them dry completely after washing. This ensures they’ll get crispy and not soggy.
- Dice into smaller, similar sized pieces so they all cook evenly in the oven.
- Flip halfway through baking so the potatoes get crispy on all sides.
- Broil the last minute of cooking to get extra crispy potatoes. Keep an eye on them though so they don’t burn!
More types of potato dishes:
- Loaded potato salad
- Oven roasted sweet potatoes
- Skillet breakfast potatoes
- Twice baked potatoes
- Baked sweet potatoes
Red Potatoes Recipe
- 1 pound mini red potatoes , quartered
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder , or minced garlic
- 1-2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley , or 1 teaspoon dried
- Preheat the oven to 415°F. Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick oil and set aside.
- Place the potatoes, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl and toss until well coated.
- Spread out evenly onto a large baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes, or until fork tender and the edges are golden brown. Toss half way through.
- Salt and pepper, to taste.