Roasted Red Potatoes – Crispy, flavorful and make a great side dish for any meal. These red potatoes will be come a new favorite in your monthly rotation!
I’ve never met a potato I didn’t like. I’m obsessed with all different kinds and these baked red potatoes are no exception. They are so yummy and are baked to perfection. I also love potato wedges, sweet potato fries, skillet potatoes, mashed potatoes and just a classic baked potato.
Baked red potatoes
This roasted red potatoes recipe is a classic that will become a new favorite in your monthly rotation. They are so easy to bake and require hardly any clean up. Plus they roast up so nicely and are perfectly golden brown and delicious.
Try to look for the baby red potatoes if you can find them, because they roast more evenly and get super crispy. I also sometimes like to add grated parmesan cheese during the last 5 minutes of roasting to dress them up a bit. So tasty!
How do you cut a red potato?
When making roasted red potatoes, I like to buy mini red potatoes. They crisp up nicely and roast more evenly. To cut the mini red potatoes, simply slice each potato in half, then slice the halves in half. You should end up with 4 small slices per mini red potato.
How to cook red potatoes
Scroll down for the printable roasted red potatoes recipe.
- Preheat oven to 415°F and spray a large baking sheet with non-stick oil. Set aside.
- Add potatoes, oil, garlic, salt and pepper to large bowl. Toss until evenly coated.
- Spread red potatoes out evenly on baking sheet. Bake for 30-40 minutes, until fork tender and edges are golden. Toss half way through.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
What to season red potatoes with
Garlic and parsley are my two favorite spices to season red potatoes with, however there are lots of other yummy options. Check out some seasonings below that would taste delicious.
- Onion powder
- Italian seasoning
Red Potatoes Recipe
- 1 pound mini red potatoes , quartered
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder , or minced garlic
- 1-2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley , or 1 teaspoon dried
- Preheat the oven to 415°F. Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick oil and set aside.
- Place the potatoes, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl and toss until well coated.
- Spread out evenly onto a large baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes, or until fork tender and the edges are golden brown. Toss half way through.
- Salt and pepper, to taste.