These chocolate egg nest treats are made with chocolate, butterscotch and mini Cadbury eggs. An adorable treat for Easter and Spring! These are no-bake and this recipe only take minutes to make!
Adorable Easter Dessert
If you need a festive and easy Easter dessert, these adorable birds nest treats are a great idea. They have Spring written all over them and are the perfect dessert to ring in the season, as well as my Spring daisy cookies.
I remember making these chocolate egg nests (aka chocolate haystacks) as a kid and I thought it would be fun to make them with my own. We changed them up a bit by adding eyes and a beak on the Cadbury eggs. These are so cute and easy to make. Perfect for an Easter or outdoor garden party.
You could use different colors of Cadbury eggs, but I thought the blue birds were the cutest. To make the little birds, you’ll just need the mini blue eggs, melted chocolate and a little yellow frosting or chocolate. Then I just used a toothpick to create the eyes. You can watch the video tutorial below. Super simple!
Only 5 Ingredients!
All you need is a few ingredients and minutes to make these fun little chocolate birds nest treats. Check them out below.
- Chow mein noodles
- Milk chocolate chips
- Butterscotch chips
- Mini Cadbury eggs
- Yellow frosting
How to Make Easter Egg Nests
- MELT. Place the chocolate and butterscotch chips in a microwave safe bowl and melt at 50% power for 1 minute. Stir mixture until smooth.
- MIX. Pour the chow mein noodles into a large bowl. Reserve about 1 Tablespoon of the melted chocolate, then pour the rest over the noodles. Gently mix until the noodles are evenly coated.
- ASSEMBLE. Spray a silicone muffin pan with nonstick spray. Add a large spoonful of the mixture to the muffin cup and press lightly in the center to form a well/nest. Using the remaining Tablespoon of chocolate, dip the back of the mini Cadbury eggs in the chocolate and place in the middle of the nests. Dip a toothpick in the chocolate and use it to add 2 eyes on the mini eggs. Then add a tiny dot of yellow frosting for the beaks.
- This recipe makes 12 chocolate egg nests. You can make them smaller or larger depending on preference.
- Once assembled, I like to refrigerate them for 20 to 30 minutes to help the chocolate harden.
- If you don’t have chow mein, you could use chopped pretzel sticks as a substitution.
- Can use other types of mini eggs like Easter M&M’s or even jelly beans.
- Shredded coconut would taste great mixed in with this recipe.
- You can make a peanut butter version if preferred. Simply mix together the chocolate and peanut butter until smooth, then pour over noodles and mix.
More Easter Treats:
Chocolate Egg Nest Treats
- 2 cups chow mein noodles
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 12 ounce bag mini Cadbury eggs
- Yellow frosting
- Place the chow mein noodles in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, melt the chocolate and butterscotch chips at 50% power for 1 minute, or until melted. You could also melt over a double broiler. Stir, until smooth.
- Reserve about 1 Tablespoons of the milk chocolate. Then pour the milk chocolate and butterscotch over noodles and stir until coated.
- Spray a silicone muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Then add a large spoonful of the mixture to the muffin cup. Press lightly in the center of the cup to form the nest. Then with the remaining chocolate in the bowl, dip the back of the Cadbury egg and place in the middle of the nests. Then using a toothpick, dip the top end into the remaining chocolate and add 2 eyes. Then if desired, add a tiny dot of yellow frosting for the beak.
- Once hardened, gently remove the egg nests (it helps to use a butter knife).
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!