Carrot Cake Cupcakes – Super rich, soft and delicious cupcakes topped with a smooth cream cheese frosting! These adorable carrot cupcakes make the perfect Easter treat!
If you’re looking for a fun Easter dessert, these carrot cake cupcakes are a great option! They have amazing flavor and are so delicious. Plus the “carrot pot” decoration is just SO cute. Some of my other favorite Easter treats are Cadbury Easter cupcakes, coconut macaroons, chocolate egg nests and layered Easter egg cake.
Carrot cake cupcakes
With Easter right around the corner, I wanted to share this carrot cake cupcake recipe with you! I love a classic carrot cake, but carrot cupcakes are such a fun twist. And these cupcakes are my new favorite! They’re moist, fluffy and have amazing flavor.
A few years back, I wrote down several of my grandma’s recipes for my own recipe book. This carrot cake cupcake recipe was one of them. The original recipe wasn’t quite sweet enough, so I’ve tested it a few times and finally came up with the perfect sweetness. Plus the cream cheese frosting takes them over the top. So rich, creamy and adds a great touch. YUM!
How to make carrot cake cupcakes
Scroll down for the printable carrot cupcake recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line cupcake pan with liners.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda and powder, cinnamon, salt and all-spice in a bowl. Set aside.
- Next beat the eggs for 2-3 minutes in a large bowl. Then stir in sugar, oil, sour cream and vanilla.
- Slowly add flour mixture into wet mixture until combined. Fold in carrots.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 of the way full and bake for 18-22 minutes, until toothpick comes clean. Remove from oven and let cool.
- To make frosting, simply beat together cream cheese and butter. Then slowly mix in powdered sugar. Add in vanilla and mix until combined.
- Frost cupcakes once cooled.
TIP: To save time you, buy pre shredded carrots. Just make sure to pulse them in a blender a few times so that the pieces are thin and small, but not pureed. You can also use a food processor to shred your own carrots.
How to decorate carrot cake cupcakes
I love to frost my carrot cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. I used my 1m tip to frost them. You can find the tutorial on how to frost the perfect cupcake here. You could also use a classic buttercream frosting as well or even sprinkle some toasted coconut on top of your frosting.
I also spotted these adorable baking pots and knew that they would be perfect to make “carrot pots” for the kids. To make them, I simply filled the pots with the carrot cupcake batter and then baked them. Then I frosted the tops and dipped them in brown sprinkles. For a fun touch, I cut small pieces of green candy Easter grass and stuck a few pieces of an orange candy dot on top.
So simple and cute! And the perfect treat for the kids on Easter. My kids absolutely LOVED them!
How to store carrot cake cupcakes
To store carrot cupcakes with frosting, simply place in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They will keep for about 2-3 days in the fridge. If you’d like to freeze the cupcakes, make sure to freeze them unfrosted. They’ll keep in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Carrot Cake Cupcake Recipe
Carrot Cake Cupcakes:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon all-spice
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups freshly grated carrots
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 ounces package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cupcake pan with paper liners and set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and all-spice in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs for 2-3 minutes. Add in sugar, oil, sour cream and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Slowly add in flour mixture and stir until combined. Fold in carrots.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 of the way full and bake for about 18-22 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- To make cream cheese frosting, simply beat together the cream cheese and butter. Slowly mix in the powdered sugar. Add in vanilla and mix until combined.
- Frost carrot cake cupcakes once cooled.
These carrot cake cupcakes make the perfect Easter dessert! ENJOY!!