Easy Coconut Macaroons …so easy to make! You only need 6 ingredients and one bowl!
Simple to make coconut macaroons, soft, chewy and full of coconut flavor. Plus lighter and healthier than most cookies! You can make them plain or dip them in chocolate for an added touch! These are for the true coconut lovers out there!
These macaroons taste wonderful dipped in melted chocolate with a little drizzled on top. It reminds me of an almond joy! They also are adorable with chocolate eggs on top for Easter celebrations.
This recipe/post was shared a few years back by our contributor Jen from Yummy Healthy Easy and I updated with the chocolate/Easter egg photos!
I am a HUGE coconut fan. When I was a kid, my grandma used to sprinkle coconut on top of sliced oranges for a quick side dish. It turned into a little thing she always did for me. From then on, I loved anything involving coconut!
Easy Coconut Macaroons Ingredients (Find printable recipe below)
I love baking macaroons. They are one of the easiest cookies to throw together. They have only 6 ingredients and are mixed up really quick in a mixing bowl. This recipe was one I got years ago from a friend and I make them every year. It’s easy to cut this recipe to half, or to double, triple, etc. They’re soft, chewy and are chock full of coconutty goodness. These are the perfect addition to your holiday cookie plates!
Easy Coconut Macaroons Printable Recipe
Easy Coconut Macaroons
- 2 2/3 cups flaked sweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate melting wafers optional
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- In a mixing bowl, combine coconut, flour, sugar and salt. Stir in egg whites and vanilla. Mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or until the edges have started to turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool cookies on wire rack. If desired, dip the bottoms of the cookies in melted chocolate once cooled and then drizzle some on top.
Such a yummy treat! Can’t wait to make these again this Easter!