Melt in your mouth brown sugar and cinnamon pancake syrup. Made with 5 simple ingredients in just 15 minutes!
If you’ve never made homemade pancake syrup, you are missing out! It’s so much better than store-bought and is actually really easy to whip up. This cinnamon pancake syrup is a favorite, as well as buttermilk syrup and homemade maple syrup. Yum!
Brown sugar cinnamon syrup
I recently shared my pumpkin pancake recipe and made this delicious cinnamon syrup to serve with it. The syrup was the perfect addition and had a melt in your mouth brown sugar and cinnamon flavor. Plus it was SO easy…made in 15 minutes with only 5 simple ingredients!
Once you make this cinnamon pancake syrup, you may never buy store bought again! It’s THAT good. It makes the perfect addition to pancakes, waffles and french toast! This would also taste delicious served over desserts like a baked apple crisp with ice cream. Seriously divine!
How to make pancake syrup
- Bring sugar and water to boil. Combine sugar and water in a large sauce pan over medium-heat. Bring mixture to a boil, then turn heat to medium-low and simmer for 3-5 minutes (stirring frequently).
- Add butter, cinnamon and vanilla. Turn heat to low and stir in butter, 1 Tablespoon at a time. Once melted and incorporated into the syrup, remove from heat and mix in cinnamon and vanilla. Stir until dissolved.
- Serve and enjoy! Serve warm over pancakes or waffles. Enjoy!
Cinnamon syrup tastes great on:
There are SO many delicious ways to serve this cinnamon syrup recipe. It tastes great on classic breakfast recipes like pancakes, waffles and french toast. But also would taste amazing drizzled on top of desserts, too!
- Pumpkin pancakes
- Apple cinnamon pancakes
- Pumpkin waffles
- Buttermilk pancakes
- French toast
- German pancakes
- Ricotta pancakes
- Belgian waffles
Cinnamon syrup will keep for up to 1 month if stored in a covered jar in the refrigerator. I like to keep mine in a glass mason jar. To reheat, heat in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time until the pancake syrup is warm.
More breakfast favorites:
- Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Overnight French Toast
- Strawberry Crepes
- Maple Bacon Donuts
- Chocolate Crepes
- Pumpkin Scones
Cinnamon Syrup Recipe
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Combine the sugar and water in a large sauce pan over medium-heat. Bring to a boil. Turn heat to medium-low and continue to simmer for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Turn heat to low and then stir in the butter, 1 Tablespoon at a time. Once the butter has melted and incorporated into the syrup, remove from the heat and stir in the cinnamon and vanilla. Stir until dissolved.
- Serve warm over pancakes or waffles. Enjoy!