Soft, light and airy crepes filled with pumpkin spice flavor in every bite. The perfect sweet breakfast idea to cozy up with on a crisp, fall morning.
Favorite Fall Breakfast
I absolutely love all things pumpkin. Crepes always happen to be a favorite breakfast of mine, so I thought why not marry the two. The end result was amazing!
These pumpkin crepes have the perfect softness to them and just the right amount of pumpkin spice. They are one of my favorite pumpkin recipes to enjoy at breakfast time, as well as my favorite pumpkin spice cinnamon rolls. So yummy.
I love to fill these pumpkin crepes with this cheesecake crepe filling or sliced bananas. Adding a little whipped cream and pumpkin spice on top gives these the perfect touch.
Find the full printable recipe with specific measurements below.
- Milk: We usually have 2% milk on hand, so that’s what I use. For a richer flavor, whole milk also works great.
- Eggs: It’s important that you use fresh eggs when making these crepes, so that the ingredients bind together and create the perfect structure.
- Pumpkin puree: Look for plain pumpkin puree, not the pumpkin pie filling with extra sugar and spices. Learn how to make pumpkin puree with fresh pumpkin if you’d rather make it from scratch.
- Butter: Make sure to melt the butter first, then let it cool for a few minutes before adding it into the batter. If the butter is too hot, it can scramble the eggs.
- Sugar: The hint of sweetness comes from the granulated sugar. You don’t need a lot, just a few spoonful’s to give it the perfect sweet taste.
- Vanilla: Pure vanilla extract will give these crepes the best flavor. You could even use vanilla bean paste for a deeper vanilla flavor.
- Pumpkin pie spice: The perfect blend of warm, fall spices made with cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves.
- Salt: A fine sea salt helps enhance the flavor of all of the other ingredients.
- Flour: All-purpose flour works best in this recipe. Try sifting your flour first for a texture that’s perfectly smooth and delicious.
An Easy Hack
Did you know you can make crepes with pancake mix? This is an easy shortcut that will still give you the same great results. All you need is your favorite box mix (I love Krusteaz), milk, eggs, vanilla and salt. Blend those together with the pumpkin puree and spice and you’ll have a light and fluffy crepe batter in no time!
How to Make Pumpkin Crepes
- Blend: Any good crepe recipe starts with the crepe batter. Blend all of the ingredients together until the batter is smooth and lump-free. Then let it rest in the fridge for at least 20 minutes, up to overnight if you have the time. The longer it rests, the more light and airy the texture will be.
- Cook: Use a nonstick skillet to cook the batter until each side is lightly browned. Because crepes are so thin, they’ll only need to cook about a minute or so on each side.
- Serve: Now comes the fun part, serving the crepes! Make them your own by adding as many fillings or toppings as you’d like. Then roll or fold them up and dig in!
Who doesn’t love to fill their pumpkin crepes to the brim with all of the sweet and delicious filling ideas? Use this rich cream cheese crepe filling for pumpkin cheesecake crepes. Or keep it simple with fresh sliced or caramelized bananas.
And don’t forget the toppings! Finish them off with a dollop of whipped cream, chopped nuts, caramel sauce, powdered sugar or cinnamon pancake syrup.
More Crepe Recipes:
- Apple Crepes – filled with a caramelized apple pie filling
- Nutella Crepes – sliced bananas with chocolate hazelnut spread
- Savory Breakfast – filled with scrambled eggs, bacon and cheese
- Lemon Crepes – a tangy lemon curd with whipped cream
- Ham and Cheese – melted mozzarella with smoky ham and tomatoes
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all the newest recipes!
- 1 ½ cups milk , I use 2%
- 4 large eggs
- 3 Tablespoons butter , melted and slightly cooled
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt or table salt
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour , sifted if desired
- ¾ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Optional toppings: bananas, cream cheese filling, whipped cream, syrup
- In a blender, combine all of the ingredients and mix until batter is smooth (about 15-20 seconds). Refrigerate batter for at least 20 minutes, or overnight.
- Spray non-stick cooking spray onto an 8-inch frying pan. Pour about 1/4 cup batter into the pan and cook over medium-low heat. Turn pan immediately from side to side to form an even circle. Cook for about 1 minute per side, or until lightly browned.
- Remove from heat and stack until ready to serve.
- Serve with your favorite toppings. I love to fill mine with bananas, whipped cream and top with pumpkin spice.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
My in laws came to town, so we wanted to do something fun for them. We made the crepes and the cream cheese filling with homemade whipped cream. So. Delicious. These recipes are keepers. We will definitely make them all again soon.
I’m so glad your family enjoyed them, Rachael :)
So good and so much flavor! Loved them!
Everyone in my family loves crepes – they all went crazy your recipe!
Yay, so glad they were a hit! :)
I just made these once I saw the recipe! They were surprisingly easy to make! Delicious too.
I’m so glad you enjoyed them :)