Learn how to make strawberry crepes in just 15 minutes! The crepe batter is easily made in the blender and then filled with a simple 2-ingredient strawberry sauce. The perfect breakfast or dessert crepes!
We love to make crepes on the weekends. They’re one of our favorite breakfasts and are really easy to whip up. We often make different versions, like these strawberry crepes, chocolate crepes, classic crepes or savory crepes. All are so delicious!
Easy strawberry crepes
Strawberry crepes are one of my favorite things ever! They make the perfect breakfast or dessert crepes and are seriously so delicious. I love that the presentation looks so pretty and fancy, but they are SO easy to make.
The crepe batter is mixed together in the blender, while the strawberry sauce takes only 2 ingredients. Win! Sometimes I make the sauce into more of a jam consistency, which is also super simple and quick.
This strawberry crepe recipe tastes amazing filled with a cream cheese filling and strawberry sauce on top. Some of my other favorites to add are nutella, buttermilk syrup, whipped cream or powdered sugar. You can’t go wrong with these easy strawberry crepes!
How to make strawberry crepes
Making crepe batter is so easy and quick! All you need is a blender and a skillet and you’ll have perfectly golden crepes in just 15 minutes. Follow the simple steps below to get started.
Step 1: Blend ingredients together
Combine all crepe ingredients in a blender and mix until batter is smooth, about 15-20 seconds. Place batter in refrigerator until ready to use.
Step 2: Cook crepes on skillet
Spray an 8-inch frying pan with non-stick spray. Pour 1/4 cup batter into the pan and cook over medium-low heat. Turn pan immediately from side to side to form an even circle. Cook for about 1 minute per side, or until crepes are lightly browned. Remove from heat and stack until ready to serve.
Step 3: Add strawberry crepe filling and serve!
Fill or top crepes with strawberry sauce (instructions below) and any extra toppings like cream cheese filling or powdered sugar if preferred. Serve and enjoy!
Strawberry sauce for crepes
This strawberry crepe filling is SO delicious! There are two variations that you can make for your crepes. One that is SUPER SIMPLE (basically just strawberries and sugar) and then one that you cook that tastes more like a jam. Both are delicious, so it just depends on preference!
Basic strawberry filling
Instructions: Combine the strawberries and sugar, then let sit in the fridge until a syrup forms, at least 15 minutes.
Strawberry crepe jam
- Lemon juice
Instructions: Place strawberries and sugar in a small saucepan. Then add lemon juice and butter. Cook over medium-low heat. Simmer for 3-5 minutes and allow to thicken. Mash with a fork if desired and allow to cool before serving.
There are so many toppings that taste delicious on strawberry crepes. I love to make strawberry and cream crepes by using a cream cheese filling and adding the strawberry sauce on top. And don’t forget a sprinkle of powdered sugar. ;) To die for!
More sweet breakfast ideas:
- French Toast
- Blueberry Pancakes
- Belgian Waffles
- German Pancakes
- Glazed Orange Scones
- Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Strawberry Crepe Recipe
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 3 Tablespoons butter , melted
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour , sifted
- 1 pint strawberries , chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice , optional
- 1 Tablespoon butter , optional
Optional toppings: cream cheese filling, nutella, whipped cream, buttermilk syrup, powdered sugar
- In a blender, combine all of the ingredients and mix until batter is smooth (about 15-20 seconds). Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Spray non-stick cooking spray onto an 8-inch frying pan. Pour about 1/4 cup batter into the pan and cook over medium-low heat. Turn pan immediately from side to side to form an even circle. Cook for about 1 minute per side, or until lightly browned. Remove from heat and stack until ready to serve.
- Combine the strawberries and sugar. Let sit in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes, or until a syrup forms.
- For more of a jam strawberry filling, place the strawberries with sugar in a small saucepan. Then add the lemon juice and butter. Cook over medium-low heat. Simmer for 3-5 minutes. Allow to thicken. Mash with a fork if desired and allow to cool.
- Fill the crepes with strawberry filing and add additional toppings if desired.