Cookies and cream popcorn – A delicious and easy no-bake dessert or snack that can be made in 10 minutes or less with only 3 ingredients! You won’t be able to put it down!
I’ve never met anyone that doesn’t like Oreos. Not only are they delicious by themselves, but they make a great addition to desserts. This Oreo popcorn is a favorite, as well as Oreo balls, Oreo brownies and cookies and cream cookies. Yum!
One of my family’s favorite summer traditions is to have movie nights on the weekends with popcorn. We love the classic stovetop popcorn, but sometimes it’s fun to mix it up a little bit and do more of a dessert popcorn.
My kids absolutely love Oreos and we don’t buy them very often… but when we do, I find there’s always a few that break. We usually put those ones in a bag and build up a supply of cookie crumbs. Which are perfect for this cookies and cream popcorn.
How to make white chocolate popcorn with crushed oreos
This recipe is so simple (you can find the printable copy below). All you need is freshly popped popcorn (sometimes we’ll even use skinny pop to save on time). Then we like to melt candiquik or almond bark to coat the popcorn. And then of course the Oreos will go on top. YUM!
Whenever we make white chocolate to melt over the popcorn, I prefer using vanilla candiquik, almond bark or candy melts (the ghirardelli brand). They melt quickly and smoothly in the microwave and coat the popcorn perfectly. I find if I try melting white chocolate chips it gets clumpy on the popcorn. No good.
I also like to use the regular Oreos for this recipe. For whatever reason, they just stick better. :)
Mmm look at that chocolate goodness. Now I’ve got the snack munchies… which is not a good sign, since it’s already after 10pm. Hope you enjoy this Oreo popcorn. Yay for summer and movie nights!
More delicious popcorn recipes:
- Microwave Caramel Corn
- Easy Popcorn Balls
- Peppermint Bark Popcorn
- Cake Batter Popcorn
- Marshmallow Caramel Popcorn
Cookies and Cream Popcorn Recipe
- 10-12 cups popped natural popcorn (about 1/2 cup kernels)
- 14 ounce package vanilla candiquik, almond bark or candy melts
- 1 cup crushed Oreos
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt , optional
- Lay a piece of wax paper on the counter (or a large baking sheet). Place the popped popcorn in a large bowl. Then melt the candiquik in the microwave for one minute. Stir and then microwave an additonal 15 seconds, or until melted. Pour over popcorn and stir until coated. Then stir in the Oreos and salt (if desired), until evenly covered. Spread out onto the wax paper to harden. Enjoy!