Deliciously sweet cake batter popcorn covered in a mixture of white chocolate, funfetti cake mix and sprinkles. The easiest and yummiest treat you will ever make in just 5 minutes!
I absolutely love making sweet popcorn recipes to enjoy as a dessert. This funfetti popcorn is a favorite, as well as cookies and cream popcorn, marshmallow caramel popcorn and microwave caramel corn.
The best part? It only takes 5 minutes to make. You can’t beat that! This cake batter popcorn is great for when you need a last minute treat for a birthday party, classroom treat or late night snack. It also packages up really well. Just place in a clear bag and tie with twine and a cute little tag.
Anything with sprinkles wins, don’t you think? They just make me happy. And I’m positive this birthday cake popcorn will make you happy, too!
Only 4 ingredients!
One of my favorite things about this recipe is that it only takes 4 ingredients to make. It’s similar to my favorite white chocolate popcorn recipe, but with the yummy addition of cake mix and sprinkles. All components are simple and are usually ingredients I tend to always have in the pantry. Check them out below:
- Popcorn: Lightly salted popcorn works best. You can pop your own stovetop popcorn, or buy a bag that’s already popped.
- White chocolate: White chocolate chips, bark or vanilla candy coating works great.
- Cake mix: The dry funfetti cake mix is what gives the popcorn that delicious cake batter flavor.
- Sprinkles: Who doesn’t love sprinkles?! They add such a fun touch and nice crunch.
How to make funfetti popcorn
- Place in a bowl. Add popcorn to a large bowl.
- Melt the chocolate. Melt white chocolate in the microwave until smooth.
- Mix together ingredients. Stir funfetti cake mix into melted chocolate, then pour over popcorn and combine until fully coated.
- Add sprinkles. Spread out onto wax paper and then top with sprinkles. Let cool completely, then break into smaller pieces. Enjoy!
Makes a “sweet” gift!
This cake mix popcorn is perfect for gifting! It’s super easy and everyone always raves over how delicious it is.
Simply place a handful (or two) into a clear bag and tie with twine and a cute tag.
You could also shape the popcorn into balls, then poke a wooden stick or straw through. The little popcorn balls on a stick make the cutest party favor or treat!
More cake batter recipes:
- Funfetti Cookie Dough Balls from Averie Cooks
- Homemade Funfetti Yellow Birthday Cake from Ambitious Kitchen
- Cake Batter Blondies from Sally’s Baking Addiction
- Funfetti Donuts from Spend with Pennies
Cake Batter Popcorn
- 12 cups lightly salted popcorn
- 16 ounces white chocolate (chips, bark or vanilla candy coating works great)
- 1/2 cup funfetti cake mix
- 1/4 cup sprinkles , more if you’d like
- Place popped popcorn in a large bowl.
- Melt white chocolate in the microwave according to package directions. Then stir cake mix into melted chocolate and pour over popcorn. Combine until the popcorn is fully coated.
- Spread popcorn out on wax paper and then add sprinkles on top. Let cool completely, then break into smaller pieces. Enjoy!
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!