Deliciously sweet cake batter popcorn covered in a mixture of white chocolate, funfetti cake mix and sprinkles. The easiest and yummiest treat you will ever make in just 5 minutes!
I absolutely love making sweet popcorn recipes to enjoy as a dessert. This funfetti popcorn is a favorite, as well as cookies and cream popcorn, marshmallow caramel popcorn and microwave caramel corn.
The best part? It only takes 5 minutes to make. You can’t beat that! This cake batter popcorn is great for when you need a last minute treat for a birthday party, classroom treat or late night snack. It also packages up really well. Just place in a clear bag and tie with twine and a cute little tag.
Anything with sprinkles wins, don’t you think? They just make me happy. And I’m positive this birthday cake popcorn will make you happy, too!
Only 4 ingredients!
One of my favorite things about this recipe is that it only takes 4 ingredients to make. All components are simple and are usually ingredients I tend to always have in the pantry. Check them out below:
- Popcorn: Lightly salted popcorn works best. You can pop your own stovetop popcorn, or buy a bag that’s already popped.
- White chocolate: White chocolate chips, bark or vanilla candy coating works great.
- Cake mix: The dry funfetti cake mix is what gives the popcorn that delicious cake batter flavor.
- Sprinkles: Who doesn’t love sprinkles?! They add such a fun touch and nice crunch.
How to make funfetti popcorn
- Place in a bowl. Add popcorn to a large bowl.
- Melt the chocolate. Melt white chocolate in the microwave until smooth.
- Mix together ingredients. Stir funfetti cake mix into melted chocolate, then pour over popcorn and combine until fully coated.
- Add sprinkles. Spread out onto wax paper and then top with sprinkles. Let cool completely, then break into smaller pieces. Enjoy!
Makes a “sweet” gift!
This cake mix popcorn is perfect for gifting! It’s super easy and everyone always raves over how delicious it is.
Simply place a handful (or two) into a clear bag and tie with twine and a cute tag.
You could also shape the popcorn into balls, then poke a wooden stick or straw through. The little popcorn balls on a stick make the cutest party favor or treat!
More cake batter recipes:
- Funfetti Cookie Dough Balls from Averie Cooks
- Homemade Funfetti Yellow Birthday Cake from Ambitious Kitchen
- Cake Batter Blondies from Sally’s Baking Addiction
- Funfetti Donuts from Spend with Pennies
Cake Batter Popcorn
- 12 cups lightly salted popcorn
- 16 ounces white chocolate (chips, bark or vanilla candy coating works great)
- 1/2 cup funfetti cake mix
- 1/4 cup sprinkles , more if you’d like
- Place popped popcorn in a large bowl.
- Melt white chocolate in the microwave according to package directions. Then stir cake mix into melted chocolate and pour over popcorn. Combine until the popcorn is fully coated.
- Spread popcorn out on wax paper and then add sprinkles on top. Let cool completely, then break into smaller pieces. Enjoy!