Cake batter popcorn – the easiest and yummiest treat you will ever make!
This “sprinkled” popcorn is one of my kids absolute favorites. It is SO addicting! And let’s be honest… I love anything cake batter. The best part? It only takes 5 minutes to make! You can’t beat that! This cake batter popcorn is great for when you need a last minute treat for a birthday party, classroom treat or late night snack. It also packages up really well. Just place in a clear bag and tie with twine and a cute little tag.
Anything with sprinkles wins, don’t you think? They just make me happy. Speaking of… I’m celebrating Sally’s Baking Addiction wedding with a little “virtual” bridal shower. A few of my blogging friends shared some sprinkle recipes in Sally’s honor… so make sure to check them out at the bottom of this post. :D
Chocolate Swiss Roll Cake from Lauren’s Latest // Funfetti Cookie Dough Balls from Averie Cooks // Cake Batter Funfetti cookies from Diethood // Cake Batter Popcorn from I Heart Naptime // Confetti Cookie Milkshake from Bake Your Day // Cake Batter Ice Cream Balls from Oh, Sweet Basil // Frosted Sugar Cookies from Roxana’s Home Baking // Peanut Butter Filled Doughnuts from Crazy For Crust // Funfetti Sugar Cookie Cups from Crunchy Creamy Sweet // Shirley Temple from Damn Delicious // Funfetti Pudding Mix Cookies from Cooking Classy // Cherry Chocolate Chip Cupcakes from The Messy Baker // Chocolate Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars from Handle the Heat // Vanilla Banana Muffins from Love From the Oven // Homemade Funfetti Yellow Birthday Cake from Ambitious Kitchen // Frosting Filled Deep Dish Cake Batter Cookies from The Domestic Rebel
Cake batter popcorn
- 12 cups lightly salted popcorn
- 16 ounces 16 oz package vanilla candy coating (I like Candi Quik)
- 1/2 cup funfetti cake mix
- 1/4 cup sprinkles more if you’d like
- Place popped popcorn in a large bowl. Melt candy coating in the microwave according to package directions. Stir cake mix into chocolate and then pour over popcorn. Stir until the popcorn is fully coated. Spread popcorn out on wax paper and then add the sprinkles on top. Store in a zip top bag. Enjoy!