Friday movie night just got a little sweeter and a lot more fun with this 10-minute easy white chocolate popcorn treat!
White Chocolate Covered Popcorn
This white chocolate popcorn recipe is a favorite quick and easy treat around here and yes, it’s as addicting as it sounds! Stovetop popcorn coated in sweet white chocolate makes the perfect no bake dessert for popcorn and chocolate lovers alike!
I do love the taste of fresh popcorn made on the stove, but you could make things even easier and use microwave popcorn instead. For a sweet and salty combo, decide how much salt you want to add and for a bit of added crunch and flavor, throw in some additional candies and treats for a white chocolate popcorn mix.
How to Make White Chocolate Popcorn Mix
It couldn’t be easier to put together since there are only two ingredients. You just have to know how to melt chocolate and how to pop popcorn and you’re set. It’s something older kids can do on their own, for sure!
Lay the popcorn and chocolate combination out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper until it hardens and sets. Then, break up the clumps and enjoy one of your new favorite snacks :)
A Great Gift Idea!
This popcorn will keep fresh for a few days, so you can portion it out and give them away as little gifts for Christmas or treat bags at birthday parties. Wrap them up in cellophane or plastic bags and tie them with a ribbon.
- Use whatever type of popcorn kernels that you love. Plain, salted, with butter, microwave, or stovetop.
- White chocolate chips are an option if you can’t find candy melts.
- Be sure to use a microwave-safe bowl when heating your chocolate, otherwise you risk cracking.
- Work quickly and add the popcorn to the chocolate before it sets.
- Using parchment paper helps to keep the popcorn from sticking.
- For extra pizzazz throw in some M&Ms, pour over some chocolate drizzle, or add some colorful sprinkles to the mix.
Storing Leftover Popcorn
Keep popcorn stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Fun Popcorn Variations:
- M&M Popcorn
- Cake Batter Popcorn
- Cookies and Cream Popcorn
- Peppermint Bark Popcorn
- Halloween Candy Popcorn
White Chocolate Popcorn
- 8-10 cups popcorn
- 1 cup white chocolate melting wafers , melted
- Lay down a piece of wax paper onto a baking sheet. Place the white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute at 50% power. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Microwave and additional 15 seconds if needed.
- In a large bowl, combine popcorn and white chocolate. Stir until coated. Spread mix onto the wax paper in an even layer. Add sprinkles or candy on top if desired.
- Leave on counter or place popcorn in the refrigerator until it has hardened and then break into pieces.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!