This is my favorite chicken marinade to make. It creates so much flavor and keeps the chicken extra tender! It will quickly become your absolute favorite chicken marinade recipe ever.
Today I have a delicious easy chicken marinade to share with you. It is my absolute favorite! We’ve been taking advantage of the beautiful weather this summer and grilling as much as we can, however I don’t plan on stopping this fall. The kids started school yesterday and the pool closes today, so I guess that means summer break is officially over. I’m still in denial, yet I’m starting to get REAL excited for fall. I debated sharing this recipe now or waiting until next year, but if you’re anything like us, you’ll still be grilling a few more months so you’ll want to try this easy chicken marinade out!
You only need a few simple ingredients for the recipe (find the printable recipe for easy chicken marinade below).
- Olive oil -I love to use the extra virgin olive oil from Costoc.
- Lite soy sauce -Make sure to use lite or low-sodium so it isn’t too salty.
- Lemon juice -I prefer to use fresh lemons, but you can use jarred when in a pinch.
- Garlic -this adds a great flavor depth.
- Dijon mustard -I love the flavor this adds, but it can be left out if preferred.
The flavors in this chicken marinade blend so well together creating a delicious flavor!
How long should I marinate the chicken?
I love to marinate my chicken for about 2 hours. You want to make sure to marinate for atleast 30 minutes. The longer you marinate the better.
- Pat chicken dry with a paper towel before placing in marinade to allow it to absorb more flavor.
- To cook chicken, lift out of the bag with tongs and place directly on the grill (no need to wipe off marinade). You can brush on any extra marinade within the first few minutes.
- Always cook chicken to at least 160°F but check as it gets close so you don’t overcook the chicken, making it dry.
- Make sure to let the chicken rest for a few minutes before serving to retain the juices.
- Grilled vegetables
- Mexican street corn
- Baked zucchini fries
- Baked sweet potato fries
- Baked potatoes
- Serve leftovers over a fresh salad.
Chicken marinade recipe
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar or lite soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4-6 chicken breasts
- Thaw and trim chicken breasts. Pat down with paper towels and then place in a zip top bag or a large bowl. If the breasts are thick, I like to pound the chicken down with a rolling pin once they are in the bag.
- Then add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, garlic salt and pepper. Squish the ingredients around until it is mixed well. Place in a bowl or pan and then into the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and up to the all day.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat. Place chicken on the grill for 5 to 6 minutes per side (or until a thermometer reads 160° to 165°F and then center is no longer pink). Let meat rest for about 5 minutes before serving.