The BEST chicken kabobs that are juicy, tender and flavorful. Easy to make and grilled to perfection. These kabobs will become your favorite summer dinner!
Table of Contents
Juiciest Grilled Chicken Kabobs
We grill all types of chicken in the summer time. Whether it’s these kabobs, grilled chicken breast, bbq chicken or even a grilled chicken burger, we love it all. Always a big hit with the family!
Shish kabobs are a summer staple. They’re one of my favorite dinners during the summer and are so easy to make. Plus they’re ready in less than an hour from start to finish! These chicken kabobs are coated in my favorite simple marinade that tastes absolutely delicious. The chicken is always so juicy, tender and super flavorful and the veggies are charred to perfection. This is one of those recipes that the whole family will eat up right away!
Shish Kabob Marinade
I love to use my favorite grilled chicken marinade when making kabobs. It’s simple, easy and super flavorful. You could even use BBQ sauce or make a super easy marinade with olive oil and spices (like I do for my grilled chicken breast).
Be sure to let your meat marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes! I usually let it marinate for 1-2 hours for extra flavor.
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar (or soy sauce)
- Dijon mustard
- Minced garlic
- Salt and pepper
Tips for Cutting Chicken for Kabobs
Use a sharp knife. Make sure your knife is sharp and can easily cut through the meat. You want the pieces to have clean edges and still be thick enough to slide thread through the skewers.
Thaw and trim chicken. Before cutting, double check that your breasts are thawed completely. If they’re still frozen in the middle, they’ll be harder to cut through. Also make sure to trim any extra fat or skin off.
Cut all pieces evenly. It’s important that all pieces are cut the same size to ensure that they cook evenly on the grill. Aim for 1 1/2 to 2 inch chunks.
Favorite Veggies to Include
I love to add chopped bell peppers to my kabobs, as I’ve found they cook in the same amount of time as the chicken. Other veggies like mushrooms, onions, zucchini or squash all taste delicious too, however their cooking times may vary. I’d recommend putting the softer veggies on their own vegetable skewers so that you can remove them from the grill when they are tender.
- Bell peppers
- Cherry tomatoes
How to Grill Chicken Kabobs
- Cut the meat. Thaw and trim chicken breasts. Pat down with a paper towel and cut into 1 1/2-2″ chunks. Place in a glass bowl or zip top bag.
- Add marinade and veggies. Add in the peppers and ingredients for marinade. Toss until everything is evenly coated, then place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Assemble kabobs. Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Thread meat and bell peppers through skewers. Alternate between each until everything is used up.
- Grill kabobs. Place on grill and cook for 5 to 6 minutes per side, or until the meat has a nice char and the center is no longer pink.
- Cut the meat and veggies into similar sized pieces so that they cook evenly on the grill.
- I like to use these reusable stainless steel kabob skewers from Amazon. If using wooden skewers, make sure to soak them for 15 minutes before using.
- When grilling, make sure to keep turning the skewers so that all sides cook evenly.
- The chicken is done when it has reached a temperature of 160° to 165°F on a meat thermometer.
What to Serve with Chicken Kabobs
- Grilled vegetables
- Rice pilaf
- Chopped salad
- Macaroni salad
- Fruit salad
- Grilled corn
- Grilled sweet potatoes
- Grilled asparagus
Other Grilled Favorites
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all the newest recipes!
Chicken Kabob Recipe
- 4-6 chicken breasts
- 2 bell peppers , cut into 1-inch pieces
Shish Kabob Marinade:
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar , or lite soy sauce
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 ½ teaspoons Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Thaw and trim chicken breasts. Pat down with a paper towel and cut into 1 1/2-2" chunks. Then place in a glass bowl or zip top bag. Add the bell peppers. Then add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, garlic, salt and pepper. Toss until it is mixed well. Place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Thread chicken and bell peppers through skewers. Alternate the chicken and peppers until everything is used up. Then place on the grill for 5 to 6 minutes per side (or until a thermometer reads 160° to 165°F and the center is no longer pink).
- cherry tomatoes
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
I made this the other night for dinner and my husband RAVED about it. He told me I could put this on the rotation. Thank you for a wonderful, flavorful, yet easy meal.
Love to hear that! Thanks for your comment and review, Marion :)
These chicken kabobs look delicious. I love that you used dijon mustard in this recipe. I must give this a try.
What a great summer meal! I am making this with my family this weekend! Thanks!
I hope you enjoy! :)
Yum! These look so delicious and tasty! Can’t wait to give these a try!
We love chicken kabobs! One of our favorite things to grill.
Simple & so tasty!! Perfect for entertaining.
Delicious- we loved these!
Everyone at my house loved this! So tasty!
These were a huge hit! Every single one of my kids asked for seconds (which is unusual!) Thanks so much!