These coconut balls are delicious bite-sized treats made from shredded coconut, sweetened condensed milk, and then dipped in rich chocolate. This no-bake recipe is quick and easy to make for the holidays or any special occasion!
Why I Love This Recipe
- Simple ingredients: Only 4 ingredients are needed to make these easy coconut truffles! They are a great addition to any holiday dessert table.
- Sweet and moist: A sweet and chewy coconut center is covered in rich chocolate for the best combination of textures, you could even add an almond if you love the flavor of Almond Joy candy bars!
- No-bake: I love no-bake desserts like these chocolate covered coconut balls and Oreo balls as they free up your oven for other holiday baking!
- Perfect for gifting: Add these no-bake coconut chocolate balls to your list of handmade christmas treats to gift to family and friends along with chocolate fudge and chocolate turtles!
- Almond Joy: If you would like to add an almond to the center, press the coconut around the almond when forming into a ball. You could also add chopped almonds.
- Desiccated coconut: If you would like a less sweet treat, dessicated coconut is not sweetened and has a finer texture which may be easier to roll into a ball.
- Chocolate: Use milk chocolate chips, dark chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate chips or even white chocolate chips! You could even skip dipping the coconut balls into chocolate and roll in coconut flakes.
- Extract: To enhance the coconut flavor, add up to 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract or almond extract.
- Garnish: Before the chocolate sets fully add flake sea salt, coconut flakes or even festive holiday sprinkles! You can also drizzle the coconut balls with additional chocolate.
How to Make Chocolate Coconut Balls
In a large mixing bowl, combine coconut, powdered sugar, and condensed milk until thoroughly mixed. Using a small cookie scoop or hands to roll coconut mixture into 1-inch and place on a wax paper-lined or parchment paper covered baking dish.
Melt chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl until silky smooth. Using a fork dip each coconut ball into the chocolate letting the excess chocolate drip off. Place coconut balls on lined baking sheet to let chocolate coating set.
Drizzle extra chocolate or sprinkle coconut or flake sea salt on the tops if desired before storing in the refrigerator.
Make Ahead, Storage and Freezing Instructions
Store these easy no bake coconut balls with condensed milk in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to one week.
You can also make ahead this coconut balls recipe for the holiday season and store them in the freezer! Store in an airtight freeze-safe bag or container up to 3 months. Thaw the coconut ball on the counter or in the refrigerator.
More Dessert RecipesBrowse all
Chocolate Coconut Balls
- 2 cups shredded coconut , more if needed for rolling
- 1 ¾ cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups dark or semi-sweet melting wafers
- Line a 9×13-inch baking dish with wax paper.
- In a large bowl, mix coconut, powdered sugar, and condensed milk until are combined. Roll into 1-inch balls (approximately 1 1/2 Tablespoons) and place on baking dish.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add the chocolate. Microwave, stirring once or twice, until melted and smooth.
- Dip each ball into the chocolate with a fork, letting the excess chocolate to drip off, and then tap the fork on the edge. Place on the baking dish. Let stand until set. You can drizzle the extra chocolate and sprinkle coconut or flake sea salt on the tops if desired. Store in refrigerator.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!