It doesn’t get any easier than this delicious 2-ingredient ganache recipe. You’ll have a smooth and creamy chocolate ganache in less than 10 minutes!
I’m a chocolate girl through and through. It’s always my first pick when it comes to dessert…I just can’t get enough! Seriously, give me a big bowl of chocolate ganache and all my dreams would come true.
The beauty of making ganache is that it’s super easy to whip up. It’s made with just 2 ingredients and is ready in less than 10 minutes. Now that’s a dessert that I can get behind. Whether you use it on cakes, brownies, candy or by the spoonful, you will love this delicious treat!
Ganache vs. frosting
Ganache is a glaze made with 2 simple ingredients: chopped chocolate and heavy cream. It’s thicker and more rich than regular melted chocolate and is often used as a filling or topping in many dessert recipes. It’s consistency is smooth and spreads easily.
Frosting is typically made with cocoa powder, butter, powdered sugar and cream. It’s texture is fluffy and smooth, making it great for decorating cakes and cupcakes. It’s thicker than ganache and can typically hold a point.
Best chocolate for ganache
The type you use for this recipe will really determine the flavor and consistency. These are a few of my favorite brands. I prefer to use chopped chocolate, but if using chips then I’ll use Ghirardelli or Guittard.
- Ghirardelli chocolate
- Baker’s bar
- Guittard chocolate (best chocolate chips)
- Trader Joe’s pound bar
How to make chocolate ganache
Step 1: Combine the ingredients
Place the cream in a microwave-safe bowl and heat until simmering, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add the chopped chocolate and let sit for about 5 minutes. Alternatively, you can cook both on a double broiler if preferred.
Step 2: Stir until smooth
After 5 minutes has passed, whisk the mixture until smooth. If it’s too thick, add 1 more Tablespoon of warm cream to thin it out.
Step 3: Top your dessert
Slowly spoon the ganache over your dessert. If adding other toppings, add immediately.
What desserts to top with
This ganache recipe is so versatile and tastes delicious on almost anything, but here are my favorite desserts to drizzle over the top:
- Chocolate bundt cake: The moist cake topped with the rich ganache is a match made in heaven!
- Peanut butter cheesecake: As if this dessert could get any better, it’s then topped off with a luscious ganache that drips over the edges.
- Banana split: A family-friendly dessert option that’s super easy. Is it even a banana split without a generous ganache drizzle? ;)
- Mini cheesecakes: Top your cheesecakes with ganache and a fresh strawberry for the ultimate bite-sized treat!
- Peanut butter brownies: These brownies are layered with all of the goods! A brownie layer, peanut butter layer and a ganache layer. The best ever!
Have leftover ganache? Try this:
More delicious desserts:
- 3-Ingredient Truffles
- German Chocolate Cake
- Easy Microwave Fudge
- Slow Cooker Chocolate Cake
- Mint Brownies
Chocolate Ganache Recipe
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces good semi-sweet chocolate , chopped
- Place the heavy cream in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 1-2 minutes, or until simmering. Add the chocolate and let it sit for 5 minutes. Alternatively you can cook the cream and chocolate on a double broiler. Whisk until smooth. Add a Tablespoon more of warm cream if needed to thin out.
- Slowly spoon the ganache over your cake or dessert. Add optional toppings if desired immediately.