This corn salad recipe has become a fast favorite and is made in just 20 minutes. It’s the perfect light and refreshing dish to whip up all summer long!
One of our favorite vegetables is corn. Especially during the summer, since it’s peak season and tastes so sweet and delicious. If we’re not enjoying it on the cob, then we’re usually making this salad recipe, Mexican street corn or black bean and corn salsa.
During the summer, I love to make ALL types of salads. And this corn salad recipe has become a fast favorite! It’s so light and fresh and only takes 20 minutes to throw together. All of the combined flavors taste fabulous and are so delicious! I love to grill my corn to give it that perfect charred flavor (if you haven’t grilled it before, definitely try it…it’s SO easy and yummy!), however you can cook your corn any way you prefer. This is the perfect salad for warm weather and will definitely be on rotation in my house all summer long!
There are lots of different ways to cook corn. My favorite method for this recipe is on the grill. It gives it the perfect charred flavor that tastes great with the other fresh ingredients. You can also boil or microwave it if preferred. I’d recommend using fresh corn, but canned or thawed frozen will also work (however it won’t taste quite as fresh).
- Grilling: Simply wrap in foil and cook for 10 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Cooking corn in microwave: Place a wet paper towel around the corn and cook in the microwave for 5-7 minutes.
- Boiling: Place corn in a large pot of boiling water. Cover with lid and continue boiling for about 5-7 minutes.
How to make corn tomato salad
- VEGGIES. Combine the corn, onion, tomatoes and basil in a medium size bowl.
- DRESSING. Pour the vinegar and olive oil on top, then season with salt and pepper. Mix together until the dressing has evenly coated the veggies.
- CHILL. Cover and refrigerate at least 10 minutes before serving
How long does it last in the fridge?
This salad tastes best if eaten 2-3 days after making it. Simply cover the bowl with a lid (or plastic wrap) and store in the fridge. Try adding leftovers to a chopped salad or even serve on a piece of crusty french bread. So delicious!
- Crumbled goat cheese, feta or mozzarella would be a great addition.
- Feel free to add diced avocado or grilled chicken to bulk up the salad a little.
- Try adding in other summer vegetables, like bell peppers or grilled zucchini.
- If you’re not a huge fan of apple cider vinegar, you could substitute with balsamic instead.
More fresh summer salads:
Corn Salad Recipe
- 2 cups cooked corn (cut kernals from cob)
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (sliced in half)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves (julienned)
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper (more to taste)
- Combine the corn, onion, tomatoes and basil in a medium size bowl. Pour the vinegar and olive oil over the top. Season with salt and pepper and stir until combined.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 10 minutes before serving.