This corn and tomato salad has become a fast favorite and is made in just 20 minutes. It’s the perfect light and refreshing dish to whip up all summer long!
Table of Contents
Fresh Corn Salad
One of our favorite vegetables is corn. Especially during the summer, since it’s peak season and tastes so sweet and delicious. If we’re not enjoying it on the cob, then we’re usually making this salad recipe, Mexican street corn, street corn salad, or black bean and corn salsa.
During the summer, I love to make ALL types of salads for BBQs. And this corn and tomato salad has become a favorite side dish. It’s so light and fresh and only takes 20 minutes to throw together.
All of the combined flavors taste fabulous and are so delicious! I love to grill my corn to give it that perfect charred flavor (if you haven’t had grilled corn before, definitely try it), however, you can cook your corn any way you prefer.
This is the perfect summer salad recipe along with my broccoli bacon salad and both are on rotation in my house all season long!
Fresh is best! This summer corn and tomato salad is sure to impress all your family and friends get together. Grab your bowl and start preparing your ingredinets for the best corn and tomato salad recipe!
Find the full printable recipe with specific measurements below.
- Corn: I love using fresh corn on the cob and cooking it on the grill. It gives it the perfect charred flavor that tastes great with the other fresh ingredients.
- Tomatoes: Cut cherry tomatoes add the perfect flavor to this salad.
- Basil: Fresh basil is a must for this salad. It makes the flavor pop.
- Dressing: A simple mix of olive oil, vinegar, and salt & pepper is all you need.
How to Make Corn Salad
Easy corn salad comes together quickly and easily! All the ingredients are fresh, delicious, and full of flavor! Fresh vegetables and seasonings mixed together in one bowl are the perfect combination.
- Veggies. Combine the corn, onion, tomatoes, and basil in a medium size bowl.
- Dressing. Combine the vinegar and olive oil. Then pour over top and season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Mix together until the dressing has evenly coated the veggies.
- Chill. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
There are lots of different ways to cook corn. My favorite method for this recipe is on the grill. You can also boil or microwave it if preferred.
- Grilling: Simply wrap in foil and cook for 10 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Cooking corn in the microwave: Place a wet paper towel around the corn and cook in the microwave for 5-7 minutes.
- Boiling: Place corn in a large pot of boiling water. Cover with a lid and continue boiling for about 5-7 minutes.
- Frozen corn: You could also use frozen corn. Simply warm in a skillet with a little butter.
5 star review
“This is a great recipe! Love pairing this salad with almost anything! New favorite for sure.”-Nellie
Take your salad to the next level with these special ingredinets that are packed full of nutrients as well as flavor! Add your favorite cheese, what type of protein are you wanting, or make it sweeter and add another substitution to the dressing. Make this salad your own!
- Cheese: Crumbled goat cheese, feta cheese, or mozzarella would be a great addition.
- Protein: Feel free to add diced avocado or grilled chicken to bulk up the salad a little.
- Vegetables: Try adding in other summer vegetables, like cucumber, bell peppers, or grilled zucchini.
- Substitute: If you’re not a huge fan of apple cider vinegar, you could substitute it with balsamic or red wine vinegar instead.
- Sweeten the dressing: To make it a little sweeter mix in a little bit of honey with the dressing.
- Herbs: You can mix up the fresh herbs and add in parsley, cilantro, and/or green onion.
This corn salad is made with fresh corn on the cob, tomatoes, onions, basil, and a simple dressing. You can add in avocado and feta if desired.
This corn salad tastes like grilled corn with tomatoes. It is crisp and has a nice crunch to it. It has all the flavors of summer.
Yes! Raw corn in a salad is actually a normal ingredient. You can mix raw corn with other fresh vegetables or even fruit.
Storing Easy Corn and Tomato Salad
This salad tastes best if eaten 2-3 days after making it. Simply cover the bowl with a lid (or plastic wrap) and store it in the fridge. Try adding leftovers to a chopped salad or even serve on a piece of crusty French bread. So delicious!
More Fresh Summer SaladsBrowse all
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all the newest recipes!
Corn and Tomato Salad
- 4 ears cooked corn , about 2 1/2 cups
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 1-2 cups cherry tomatoes , sliced in half
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves , julienned
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar , or red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper (more to taste)
- Cut kernels from corn and place in a large bowl.
- Add the tomatoes, onion, and basil to the bowl. Pour the vinegar and olive oil over the top. Season with salt and pepper and stir until combined. Add more to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Crumbled goat cheese, feta or mozzarella would be a great addition.
- Feel free to add diced avocado to bulk up the salad.
- Try adding in other summer vegetables, like cucumber or bell peppers.
- Substitute with balsamic or red wine vinegar instead.
- To make it a little sweeter mix in a little bit of honey with the dressing.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
Ooooh, totally loving this awesome summer side dish! Love that it is more than just corn on the cob – such great flavors here, and all perfect for summer!
Hope you enjoy! :)
I love a corn salad in the Summer! This one was delish!
This looks so healthy and tasty I cannot wait to try !
This look great for BBQs!
YES. I love a good corn salad… this is so perfect for summer!
One of my favorite summer side dishes!
I love the combination of flavors in this delicious summer salad.
Love when I can use up summer veggies in one tasty dish!
This is a summer must have side dish! Love all the fresh veggies in it!
I just bought some corn from a local farmer and can’t wait to make this!
YUM! That will be so delicious with local corn!
This is a great salad for a hot summer day! Thank you for sharing!