Learn how to cook corn on the cob in the microwave! So easy and super delicious. Making microwave corn will become one of your favorite ways to cook it when you’re in a pinch!
You’d be surprised at how many yummy dishes you can easily make in the microwave. It may not be your first pick on most days, but it’s great for when you’re short on time. I use my microwave to make simple, every day recipes like scrambled eggs, or even fun sweets like microwave caramel corn.
Now that summer is here, we’ve been eating lots of corn. It’s fresh, easy and my kids love it! I thought I would share a quick tip on how to cook corn on the cob in the microwave. It may seem silly, but I remember wondering how to cook it the first time I bought it when I was first married. It’s really easy and so so good! One of my favorites is to grill corn, but sometimes it’s nice to have a quick meal too. Making it in the microwave is such a time saver and is SO simple. This will become one of your favorite ways to cook corn when you’re in a pinch!
How to microwave corn on the cob
- Wrap in wet paper towel. Wet a paper towel and squeeze out excess water. Then wrap your paper towel around the corn and place on a microwavable plate.
- Cook in microwave. Cook in the microwave on high for 5 minutes. Allow to cool and then remove paper towel.
- Season and enjoy. Butter all sides of the corn, then salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
- If you’d like to grill the corn instead, simply wrap in foil and cook for 10 minutes, turning occasionally.
- You can also boil or steam it as well.
- Want to experiment with the seasonings you use? Try making a Mexican version by adding butter, chili powder, lime juice, cilantro and cotija cheese. Or try spreading on some pesto and sprinkling with parmesan cheese. Yum!
- We like to use corn holders to make it a little easier to eat. Sometimes we even cut it off the cob with a corn scraper and just eat with a fork.
Other easy veggie recipes:
How to cook corn on the cob in the microwave
- 1 corn on the cob (husked)
- 1 Tablespoon butter , optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- paper towl
- Wet a paper towel and squeeze out excess water. Then wrap your paper towel around the corn and place on a microwavable plate. Cook in the microwave on high for 5 minutes. Allow to cool and then remove paper towel. Butter all sides of the corn, then salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!