Watermelon Salad – Filled with fresh watermelon, feta, cucumbers, mint and a delicious dressing. Light, refreshing and full of summer flavors!
There’s nothing better than fresh fruit in the summer time. It’s juicy, refreshing and absolutely delicious. This watermelon and feta salad is one of our favorite ways to enjoy it, as well as fruit salad, grilled pineapple salsa and grilled fruit kabobs,
Watermelon feta salad
Watermelon is a summer staple at our house. We love slicing watermelon and eating it plain, but sometimes it’s fun to mix it up. And this watermelon salad recipe is the perfect way to do that!
It’s light, refreshing and full of summer flavors. Plus I just love how it’s full of vibrant colors…so pretty! The ultimate fresh and delicious side dish for the summer time!
You can definitely make this watermelon salad without the dressing, but I find that little bit helps tie all the flavors together. It adds another layer of flavor and pairs wonderfully with all of the fresh ingredients. I also love to drizzle on some balsamic glaze right before serving!
To make this watermelon and feta salad, you can either add in melon balls or squares. My kids love the balls, but it does take a little bit longer.
If you’d prefer to simply cut your watermelon in squares, check out this easy tutorial. You’ll have perfectly cut watermelon pieces in no time!
The ingredients for this watermelon salad are simple, fresh and delicious. I love to drizzle balsamic glaze on top right before serving. It adds a great touch of flavor!
- Feta cheese
- Mint leaves
- Olive oil
- Lime juice
- Balsamic glaze
How to make watermelon salad
Scroll down for the printable watermelon salad recipe.
- Add ingredients to large bowl. Place the watermelon, cucumber, feta and mint in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice and sugar.
- Mix and top. Pour dressing over watermelon and toss. Add a dash of salt to taste and drizzle balsamic glaze over top if desired.
What to serve with it?
This watermelon feta salad tastes great served with your classic summer staples! Check out our favorites below:
- Grilled meat: Grilled chicken, hamburgers, turkey burgers, steak, chicken kabobs
- Vegetables: Grilled vegetables, corn on the cob, asparagus, oven roasted vegetables
- Salads: Corn tomato salad, macaroni salad, broccoli salad with bacon, strawberry spinach salad
This watermelon and feta salad tastes best if served the first day. Watermelon is a super watery fruit, so it won’t hold up too long in the refrigerator.
To make ahead: Simply chop the watermelon, cucumber and mint a few hours before serving. You can also whisk the dressing together beforehand as well. Right before serving, add chopped ingredients to a large bowl, along with feta and dressing. Toss and then serve!
More summer salads:
- Caprese Salad
- Greek Salad
- Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Pasta Salad
- Potato Salad
- BLT Pasta Salad
- Southwest Quinoa Salad
Watermelon Salad Recipe
- 4 cups chopped watermelon , juices drained
- 1/2 english cucumber , seeded and sliced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese , crumbled
- 2-3 Tablespoons mint leaves , chopped
- 1/2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1-2 teaspoons sugar
Optional: Balsamic glaze, for serving
Salt to taste
- Place the watermelon, cucumber, feta and mint in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the olive oil, lime juice and sugar in a bowl. Then pour over the watermelon and toss. Add a dash of salt. Drizzle balsamic glaze over top if desired.