Delicious black bean and corn salsa filled with tomatoes, peppers, avocados, lime juice and fresh cilantro. An appetizer everyone loves!
Whenever I’m craving chips and salsa, this black bean version is always top of mind. It’s so simple to make and is full of fresh flavor. It’s similar to my cowboy caviar, but with a few less ingredients and is equally as delicious!
I can’t wait to share this black bean and corn salsa recipe with you today featuring all of my favorite ingredients. It’s so easy to whip up and is such a yummy snack! My husband is not a huge guacamole (or avocado fan for that matter), but he LOVES this black bean salsa. It’s the perfect party food. Enjoy it with your favorite tortilla chips or crackers. It also tastes great over your favorite Mexican dishes. Everyone will love it!
- Sweet corn
- Black beans
- Red pepper
How to make black bean salsa
- Combine ingredients. Drain and rinse the corn and beans and add to a medium bowl. Then dice the onion, pepper, avocados and tomatoes and add to the bowl. Mix to combine.
- Season. Finely chop the cilantro, then add that to the bowl along with the salt and sugar. Then squeeze some fresh lime juice over the top and mix together. Give it a taste and add more lime juice or salt as needed.
- Serve. Serve the salsa with your favorite tortilla chips and enjoy!
- Feel free to add in some diced jalapeno for more spice.
- You can also add in a dash of cumin for more flavor.
- You can omit the sugar, however I like to add it to help cut the acidity.
- I used red bell pepper, but orange or yellow will work too.
- Instead of using canned corn, try grilling your corn for even more flavor.
- Add in white beans or black eyed peas to turn into a cowboy caviar.
Ways to enjoy
- Serve as an appetizer with your favorite chips (or try my homemade tortilla chip recipe!)
- To make a meal – grab some tortillas, chicken and any other toppings you prefer and eat as tacos
- Top a Mexican salad with this black bean corn salsa
- Make your own burrito bowls with rice, shredded chicken, cheese, black bean salsa and more
More salsa recipes you’ll love:
Black Bean Salsa Recipe
- 15 ounce can sweet corn (drained)
- 15 ounce can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 3-4 tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 avocados
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 3/4 cup cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 limes
- Combine the corn and beans into a medium sized bowl.
- Dice the onion, pepper, avocados and tomatoes, then mix them in the bowl. Then chop the cilantro finely and mix that in with the salt and sugar.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice over the top. Add more salt and lime to taste. Gently stir and enjoy with your favorite chips!