Rainbow honey lime fruit salad recipe filled with fresh strawberries, oranges, bananas, grapes and blueberries. Topped with a delicious honey lime glaze. This fruit salad is very easy and tasty!
You can’t have a potluck without a fresh fruit salad! It’s one of those staple dishes that someone always brings and is loved by all. Some of my other potluck favorites are broccoli salad, Italian pasta salad, watergate salad and ambrosia salad.
One of my favorite things to make during the spring and summer months is a fresh fruit salad. The fresh flavors cannot be beat on a hot summer day. I love adding a honey lime glaze to not only add a little more sweetness, but to help it stay fresh longer. The flavor combination is outstanding.
This recipe is the perfect side dish to bring to a BBQ or get together and is a nice twist on your basic fruit salad. Sometimes I like to sprinkle a little coconut, pine nuts or poppy seeds on top. So easy, fresh and delicious!
What fruit can go together in a bowl?
To me, the must-haves are strawberries and grapes (especially if there are kids around). Those tend to always be the favorite around my house. Although, I’m pretty sure my kids will eat any type of fruit. Veggies are a whole different story. :)
Below are some of our favorites to add. You can definitely mix up the fruits you add though…I tend to use whatever I have on hand. You could even use different types of berries to make a berry fruit salad.
- Mandarin oranges
- Green or red grapes
How to make fruit salad
- Combine. Toss the fruit together in a large bowl.
- Whisk together honey lime glaze. In a small bowl, whisk together the honey and lime. If desired, add in some lime zest as well.
- Pour glaze and stir. Drizzle the glaze over the top and stir until evenly coated.
- Refrigerate and serve! Store in fridge until ready to serve. This recipe is best served within the first day or two.
Note: Feel free to use fresh orange or lemon juice instead of lime juice if preferred.
How do you keep it from turning brown?
One of the main tricks to keep fruit salad from turning brown is to mix in some lime juice (or any type of acidic juice like orange juice or lemon juice). The acidity in the juice helps to slow down the chemical reaction that causes the fruit to brown. Plus it adds great flavor, especially when it’s mixed with the sweet honey. Also make sure to cover the dish tightly with plastic wrap or a lid, so that your fruit stays super fresh and delicious!
How long is it good for?
This recipe will keep in the fridge for about 1-2 days. I like to enjoy it within the first couple of days so that the fruit doesn’t get soggy or lose it’s flavor. If you’re looking for ways to use it up, try adding it in a yogurt parfait or on top of overnight oats. You can even use it to make infused water as well.
More fresh fruit recipes:
Fruit Salad Recipe
- 2 cups strawberries
- 1 cup mandarin oranges , about 4 oranges or a 11 ounce can
- 1 large banana , sliced
- 1 1/2 cups green grapes , sliced in half
- 1/2 cup blueberries or blackberries
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 lime , juiced
- lime zest , if desired
- Toss the fruit in a large bowl. Then whisk together the honey and lime in a small bowl. Add some zest from the lime, if desired. Drizzle over the top of the fruit and stir until evenly coated. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Best served within the first day or two.