Healthy and delicious rainbow fruit kabobs that are ready in just 10 minutes! An easy low calorie snack or appetizer idea that is perfect for any occasion.
Table of Contents
Fresh Rainbow Fruit Skewers
There is nothing I love more than fresh fruit during the summer. We love making a fruit salad, but sometimes it’s nice to mix it up. And these rainbow fruit kabobs are a fun way to do that. They make a great side dish to bring to a BBQ, afternoon snack for the kids or even a healthy late night treat.
These fruit kabobs are super easy to make and only take about 10 minutes to prep. They’re a great snack for your kids to help out with. My daughter loves making them for just about anything! This past month we’ve also been working with my two year old on his colors and printed off these rainbow coloring pages to go along our rainbow kabobs. It was the perfect match!
These would be delicious to serve with greek yogurt or a strawberry fruit dip. They are also perfect to serve at a BBQ, birthday party or even a St. Patrick’s Day celebration. The rainbow colors are so bright and festive and the fresh fruit tastes amazing!
How to Make Fruit Kabobs
- Soak the skewers for about 5 minutes in cold water (so they don’t get slivers in the fruit).
- Wash the fruit and then chop any of the bigger types (like pineapple or apples) into 1-inch pieces.
- Thread through skewers starting with grapes then onto blackberries, apples, pineapples, oranges and strawberries..
Preparing in advance: You can absolutely prepare these fruit skewers in advance if preferred. I’d recommend replacing any fruits that brown fast (i.e. apples or bananas) with other similar colored types. Simply prepare as directed, then place on a plate and cover with saran wrap. Store in the fridge until serving.
There are many ways to build your fruit skewer. Here are some of our favorite fruits to use.
- Red: Strawberries, raspberries, watermelon, cherries
- Orange: Mandarin oranges, mango, cantaloupe
- Yellow: Pineapple, bananas, apricots, nectarines
- Green: Apples, grapes, kiwi, honeydew
- Blue: Blackberries, blueberries
- Violet: Grapes, plums
Favorite Dips for Serving
More Fresh Fruit Recipes
- Rainbow fruit platter
- Grilled fruit kabobs with cinnamon honey glaze
- Berry salad with honey lime dressing
- Fruit salsa with cinnamon chips
- Fresh fruit platter
Rainbow Fruit Kabobs Recipe
- 8 wooden skewers
- 8 strawberries
- 1 mandarin orange
- 8 pieces pineapple
- ½ granny smith apple , cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 blackberries
- 8 grapes
- Soak the skewers in cold water for about 5 minutes. Chop the fruit into about 1-inch pieces if needed.
- Then thread the fruit through your skewers. Start with the grapes and then move onto the blackberries, apples, pineapples oranges and strawberries.
- Place on a white plate and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!