Rainbow Honey Lime Fruit Salad Recipe – Filled with fresh strawberries, oranges, bananas, grapes and blueberries. Topped with a delicious honey lime glaze. This fruit salad is very easy and tasty!
You can’t have a potluck without a fresh fruit salad! It’s one of those staple dishes that someone always brings and is loved by all. Some of my other potluck favorites are broccoli salad, Italian pasta salad, watergate salad and ambrosia salad.
One of my favorite things to make during the spring and summer months is a fresh fruit salad. The fresh flavors cannot be beat on a hot summer day. I love adding a honey lime glaze to my fruit salad to not only add a little more sweetness, but to help it stay fresh longer. The flavor combination is outstanding.
This fruit salad recipe is the perfect addition to any BBQ or get together and is a nice twist on your basic fruit salad. Sometimes I like to sprinkle a little coconut, pine nuts or poppy seeds on top. So easy, fresh and delicious!
This is such a pretty fruit salad with all the rainbow colors! My kids loved helping me line them up. They were very particular about the right order!
What fruit can go together in a bowl?
To me, the fruit salad must-haves are strawberries and grapes (especially if there are kids around). Those tend to always be the favorite around my house. Although, I’m pretty sure my kids will eat any type of fruit. Veggies are a whole different story. :)
Below are some of our favorites to add to this healthy fruit salad. You can definitely mix up the fruits you add though…I tend to use whatever I have on hand.
- Mandarin oranges
- Green or red grapes
How to make fruit salad
This fruit salad is so simple to throw together! Just follow the simple steps below to get started. Scroll down for the printable fruit salad recipe and video tutorial.
- Combine fruit. Toss the fruit together in a large bowl.
- Whisk together honey lime glaze. In a small bowl, whisk together the honey and lime. If desired, add in some lime zest as well.
- Pour glaze over fruit and stir. Drizzle the glaze over the top of the fruit and stir until evenly coated.
- Refrigerate and serve! Store in fridge until ready to serve. Fruit salad is best served within the first day or two.
Note: Feel free to use fresh orange or lemon juice instead of lime juice if preferred.
How do you keep fruit salad from turning brown?
One of the main tricks to keep fruit salad from turning brown is to mix in some lime juice (or any type of acidic juice like orange juice or lemon juice). The acidity in the juice helps to slow down the chemical reaction that causes the fruit to brown. Plus it adds great flavor to the fruit salad, especially when it’s mixed with the sweet honey. Also make sure to cover your fruit salad tightly with plastic wrap or a lid, so that your fruit stays super fresh and delicious!
How long is fruit salad good for?
This fruit salad recipe will keep in the fridge for about 1-2 days. I like to enjoy it within the first couple of days so that the fruit doesn’t get soggy or lose it’s flavor. If you’re looking for ways to use it up, try adding the fruit salad in a yogurt parfait or on top of overnight oats. You can even use it to make fruit infused water as well.
Fruit Salad Recipe
- 2 cups strawberries
- 1 cup mandarin oranges , about 4 oranges or a 11 ounce can
- 1 large banana , sliced
- 1 1/2 cups green grapes , sliced in half
- 1/2 cup blueberries or blackberries
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 lime , juiced
- lime zest , if desired
- Toss the fruit in a large bowl. Then whisk together the honey and lime in a small bowl. Add some zest from the lime, if desired. Drizzle over the top of the fruit and stir until evenly coated. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Best served within the first day or two.