Summer berry fruit salad full of fresh strawberries, blackberries, blueberries and raspberries. Topped with a honey lime dressing that adds the perfect hint of sweetness!
There’s nothing better than fresh fruit in the summer time. Especially fresh berries since it’s their peak season. They’re so ripe and juicy! You can absolutely use other types to make a rainbow fruit salad or a creamy grape salad, but this berry version is my new favorite.
This berry fruit salad is full of fresh strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries and topped with a honey lime dressing. The dressing is super simple to make and adds the perfect amount of sweetness. This is our favorite fruit summer salad recipe and it always taste amazing on a hot day.
We love to serve these berries straight from the bowl or over greek yogurt with granola. If I have leftovers the next day, I love to serve it over a scoop of vanilla ice cream. By the next day there is a little bit of a syrup and it taste so good over ice cream.
- Lime juice
- Lime zest
Tips + Variations:
- Start with fresh berries. This will help ensure the freshest and sweetest taste.
- Wash and dry. I like to clean my berries with cold water and vinegar and then lay them on a paper towel to dry. Gently pat any excess moisture out to prevent the salad from becoming mushy.
- Use a lemon. If you have lemons on hand, you can definitely swap the lime for a lemon.
- Add dressing just before serving. This will help the fruit salad to stay fresh longest.
- Add in mixed fruits. You’re welcome to mix it up and add in different fruits such as cherries, mandarin oranges or fresh pineapple.
Storing + make ahead
This berry salad tastes best if served within the first day or two. If you plan to make it ahead of time, I’d recommend waiting to add the dressing just before serving. You can chop and mix the fruit together in advance, as well as make the dressing. Simply store in separate containers in the fridge and mix together right before enjoying.
More ways to use fresh berries:
- Fruit salsa with cinnamon chips
- Spinach berry salad
- Fresh fruit tart
- Fruit pizza
- No churn ice cream with berries
Berry Fruit Salad Recipe
- 2 cups strawberries , cut
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- lime zest , if desired
- Combine the fruit in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the honey and lime in a small bowl. Add some zest from the lime, if desired. Drizzle over the top of the fruit and stir until evenly coated.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Best served within the first day or two.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!