This fresh fruit salsa with cinnamon chips is the perfect summer dessert or appetizer! It’s super easy to make and oh so delicious. My whole family loves this healthy recipe!
Table of Contents
Healthy Summer Snack
This fruit salsa is one of my family’s favorite snacks of all time…especially in the summer! The cinnamon tortilla chips paired with the fruit salsa is the PERFECT combination and the flavors together are out of this world! It doesn’t take long to make at all and tastes absolutely fantastic. I especially love to make this dish in the summer time because all of the produce is in season and it all tastes so amazing and fresh. Plus it’s a healthy snack that my kids LOVE. That’s always a win in my book!
Favorite Fruit to Use
I like to use lots of fresh berries because the combination tastes really great together, but you could honestly add in pretty much any fruit and it would still be delicious! Look for whichever varieties are in season at the moment. That way you’ll be using the most ripe, juicy and flavorful options.
Tips for the Best Fruit Salsa
- Wash your fruit. Before you start chopping, make sure to give your fruit a nice scrub first. Then set it on a paper towel to dry completely.
- Finely chop. When chopping the fruit, make sure to dice it into small, evenly sized pieces. That way you get the most fruit in each bite!
- Let marinate. After mixing the salsa together, let it chill for about 15 minutes in the refrigerator before serving. This gives the flavors time to marinate together and taste extra delicious.
- Cinnamon chips. These homemade cinnamon tortilla chips take this salsa to the next level. Simply coat the tortillas with the cinnamon and sugar mixture, cut into pieces and bake for 8-10 minutes. So simple and full of flavor.
- Extra flavors. To boost the flavor even more, try adding a squeeze of fresh lime juice or mix in some fresh basil or mint from the garden for a more earthy taste.
How to Store
This dish is best served within 1 day of preparing, so that the fruit stays crisp and flavorful. You can absolutely still store leftovers, however the fruit may get a bit more soggy than when served fresh. Just make sure to give it a big stir before enjoying, so that you get the most flavor out of all of the juices.
More Fresh Fruit Recipes
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all the newest recipes!
- 16 ounces strawberries , diced
- 2 kiwi , peeled and diced
- 1 granny smith apple , diced
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup raspberries
- 2-3 Tablespoons fruit preserves or jam
- First wash and dice your fruit into bite sized pieces. Place on a paper towel to air day.
- Combine all of the the fruit and the preserves in a medium sized bowl. Stir gently, just until combined.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Best served within a day. Serve with cinnamon tortilla chips (recipe below).
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
We made this with raspberry jam! So delicious!
we loved this salsa and its great with salads and fish!
This is AMAZING !!!! Absolute perfect summer dessert.
I’m so glad you enjoyed it! :)