How to cut a zucchini + tips
The other day my friend brought over 3 HUGE zucchini from her garden! She’s the sweetest. I was super excited to get in the kitchen and bake up something yummy. Today I thought I’d share this quick tip on how to cut a zucchini… but look out for some yummy recipes coming your way!
How to cut a zucchini
- Wash your zucchini really well.
- Cut the ends of your zucchini off.
- Slice the zucchini in half if it is really large.
- If you’re wanting slices, just slice them up. If you’re wanting to grate the zucchini then cut it in half again.
- Scoop out the seeds with a spoon and place in a bowl.
- Then shred the half piece with a cheese grater or a food processor.
Once you have shredded your zucchini put it on paper towels so that the towels will absorb the excess water. Then pat the zucchini with a paper towel. This way you won’t get soggy zucchini bread! I had to learn the hard way. ;)
Once your zucchini is shredded it’s a good idea to freeze some for later. You know for those times when your craving chocolate zucchini cake?! ;) I typically will place 2 cups in a sandwich size bag. This way you can pull out a little bit at a time. Just make sure to label how much is in the bag. It’s best used within 6 months.
My little guy loved helping me with the zucchinis. He is such a great little helper!
They are seriously AMAZING! I can’t wait to make them again!
What’s your favorite zucchini recipe? Share in the comments.