Baked Zucchini Fries – These baked zucchini fries are loaded with flavor and a crispy parmesan topping. They make the perfect side dish for any meal. Plus, they’re healthy too!
These baked parmesan zucchini fries are the perfect way to use up your zucchini from the garden and sneak in some extra veggies. I didn’t grow zucchini this year, but my friend gave me some the other day at a play date and it was the perfect way to use them up. We also made a batch of zucchini muffins, because I can’t go a summer without those. So so good.
I adapted this recipe from my baked parmesan fries and they turned out so yummy. They are more of a wedge (you can also slice them), but if I call them fries, my kids seem to eat them more. Funny how that works. I don’t ever remember eating zucchini growing up, so it wasn’t until a few years ago when I really started to love it. These parmesan baked zucchini fries are now one of my favorite side dishes. I love making these for lunch or a snack sometimes as well!
How do you make zucchini fries?
These oven baked zucchini fries are a staple at my house and are one of the easiest ways to cook veggies! Just follow these simple steps to get started. Find the printable baked zucchini fries recipe below.
- Remove the ends of the zucchini and then slice in half.
- Slice each half into 4-5 wedges.
- Place onto the baking sheet close together and then drizzle the olive oil over the top of the zucchini fries with seasonings.
- Bake zucchini fries until golden brown.
Seasoning for baked zucchini fries
For the zucchini fries seasoning mix, I used the ingredients below. Feel free to add in any extra spices that you prefer, such an oregano, paprika, cumin or Italian seasoning.
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Garlic powder
How do you make zucchini fries crispy?
My main trick for making crispy baked zucchini fries is sticking them in the broiler for about 3 minutes after baking. This helps the parmesan to get golden and have a nice crunch. I also flip my zucchini fries about halfway through baking, so that all sides of the fries cook evenly and get extra crispy.
How long do you bake zucchini fries?
I typically bake my zucchini fries for about 15 to 20 minutes at 400°F. I’ve found that this timing cooks the zucchini fries perfectly, leaving them nice and tender. Once I’m finished baking, I’ll broil my zucchini fries for about 3 minutes until golden.
Quick tips for zucchini fries
- Feel free to cut the baked zucchini fries recipe in half for a small batch.
- The zucchini fries do taste best the first day when they come hot out of the oven. If you have leftovers, I recommend reheating them in the oven vs. a microwave.
- I cut my zucchini fries in a wedge shape, however you can also slice them or even cut them into rounds.
- Make sure to flip the zucchini fries halfway through, so all sides of the fries bake evenly.
- Don’t skip the broiler! This helps the zucchini fries to get extra crispy. :)
Baked Zucchini Fries
- 2 medium zucchinis (unpeeled, washed and dried)
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (more to taste)
Optional: ranch, for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil for easy clean up and spray with non-stick spray.
- Remove the ends of the zucchini and then slice in half. Then slice each half into 4-5 wedges. Place onto the baking sheet close together. Drizzle the olive oil over the top. Next mix the parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder and pepper into a small bowl. Sprinkle over top of the zucchini. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender, flipping half way through. When you check on them, use a paper towel to absorb any extra liquid in the pan if needed. Broil for 3 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Remove wedges from oven and season with more parmesan, herbs salt and pepper if desired. Enjoy them while they’re hot! These are best served immediately.