Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins – Super soft, moist and jam packed with flavor! You’d never know these muffins are loaded with freshly shredded zucchini. Kid approved and freezer-friendly, too!
These zucchini muffins are one of my favorites to make during the Summer. I love to bake with fresh fruits or vegetables that are in season. Some of my other favorite Summer muffins are lemon blueberry muffins, morning glory muffins, glazed orange muffins and banana bread muffins.
One of my favorite summer vegetables is zucchini. And combine it with chocolate and it’s a match made in heaven. I made these chocolate chip zucchini muffins last week and they were so unbelievably good! My kids never would have guessed there was zucchini inside. They would have eaten the whole pan of zucchini muffins if I let them!
These zucchini chocolate chip muffins are simple, rich and full of flavor! The zucchini gives the muffins the perfect moist consistency and I love that extra veggies are secretly packed in. We ended up freezing half the batch and they have been great for snacks on the go. Seriously, I cannot wait to make these zucchini muffins again and again! YUM!
How to shred zucchini
If you’re wondering how to cut and shred zucchini, check out this helpful post that shows a step by step tutorial. You can use a food processor or a cheese grater to easily and quickly shred your zucchini (no peeling required!).
The post also shows you how to shred zucchini and freeze it. I love to free extra shredded zucchini (especially in the Summer when I have lots to use up) so that I can make easily make these zucchini muffins or zucchini bread.
How to make zucchini muffins
Scroll down for the printable zucchini chocolate chip muffins recipe.
- Preheat oven. Preheat oven to 350° and fill cupcake pan with liners. Set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Combine wet ingredients then stir in with dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix together eggs, zucchini, sugar, oil and vanilla. Then pour wet mixture into flour mixture and stir until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour in batter and bake. Pour batter into the prepared pan until the cups are 2/3 of the way full. Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
How long do zucchini muffins last?
These zucchini chocolate chip muffins will keep at room temperature for about 2-3 days if stored in an airtight container or bag. You can extend their shelf life by a few more days if you store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Can I freeze zucchini muffins?
Yes, these zucchini muffins freeze very nicely! I’ll often freeze half the batch for an easy grab and go snack. To freeze, simply let cool completely then place in a freezer bag or airtight container. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins
- 3 cups all-purpose flour , or wheat flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs , whisked
- 2 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° and fill a cupcake pan with liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the eggs, zucchini, sugar, oil and vanilla. Then pour wet mixture into the flour mixture and stir until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan until the cups are 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes clean.
What’s your favorite way to use up your fresh Summer zucchini?!
Happy baking! XO – Jamielyn