Reese’s No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake – A smooth and silky cheesecake studded with chopped Reese’s cups and topped with a rich chocolate ganache.
I love a big piece of classic cheesecake, but it’s fun to make different variations too. This Reese’s cheesecake is a favorite, as well as cheesecake brownies, cheesecake dip, apple cheesecake pie and mini Oreo cheesecakes.
Peanut butter cheesecake
If you, like me, have wondered if there is anything better in the world than cheesecake, the answer is…this Reese’s chocolate peanut butter cheesecake! It has all the creaminess and deliciousness of cheesecake, but with the added chocolate peanut butter flavor of a Reese’s bar!
Cream cheese and Reese’s spread combine to form a smooth, silky cheesecake, studded with chopped Reese’s cups and topped with a rich chocolate ganache. It’s gorgeous and impressive, but surprisingly easy to make. And absolutely no baking required! Win! Hope you enjoy. :)
How to make a Reese’s cheesecake
I especially love this peanut butter cheesecake recipe because there’s no baking required! Perfect treat to make during the summer when you don’t want to warm up the kitchen with a hot oven. Follow the simple steps below to get started and scroll down for a step-by-step video tutorial.
Step 1: Make the graham cracker crust
You start with a chocolate graham cracker base. I like to use my food processor, but a plastic bag with a rolling pin works just fine too. You want the crumbs to be fairly fine, but it’s okay if they’re not all exactly the same size.
Mix the crumbs with the butter to make a mixture with the texture of damp sand, then press it into a 9-inch spring form pan. Then pop the crust into the freezer to firm up while you make the cheesecake filling.
Step 2: Make the cheesecake filling
The filling is quick and easy to whip up, with just a few simple ingredients. Whip the whipping cream until fluffy, then beat in 2 teaspoons of sugar. Set aside.
In a separate large bowl, beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy. Then add 1/3 cup sugar, Reese’s spread and vanilla and mix until smooth.
Using a spatula, fold in the whipped cream until combined. Then gently fold in the chopped Reese’s to evenly distribute the candy throughout. Pour the filling into the crust and spread evenly. Freeze the peanut butter cheesecake for 2+ hours or refrigerate 4+ hours, until firm.
Step 3: Make the chocolate ganache
Once the Reese’s cheesecake has chilled and firmed, it’s topped with a gorgeous and luscious ganache. I’m always amazed that you can make something so delicious with just two ingredients!
Simply add the chocolate chips to a heat-proof bowl. Heat the cream in a microwave-safe bowl until boiling, then pour the cream over the chocolate chips. Let sit for a few minutes, then stir until chocolate is melted and smooth.
Let ganache cool for a few minutes (so that it’s not boiling hot), then pour over the cheesecake. Use a knife to smooth out the surface. Then sprinkle chopped Reese’s on top of ganache and place in the refrigerator or freezer for 30 minutes, or until the ganache has cooled and firmed.
When the ganache has cooled, it’s ready to serve. Just take a look at this gorgeous Reese’s cheesecake!
It tastes as good as it looks, and is the perfect smooth blend of chocolate and peanut butter, with a delicious cheesecake flavor. Whether you’re enjoying it with family or serving it at a dinner party with friends, it is sure to impress!
More peanut butter and chocolate desserts:
- Peanut Butter Brownies
- No-Bake Cookies
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Bars
- Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Cookies
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Blondies
- Peanut Butter Blossoms
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Recipe
For the crust:
- 1 sleeve chocolate graham crackers
- 5 Tablespoons butter
For the filling:
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/3 cup + 2 teaspoon sugar , divided
- 20 ounces cream cheese (2 1/2 blocks)
- 13 ounce jar Reese’s peanut butter chocolate spread
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup Reese’s peanut butter cups , chopped
For the topping:
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup Reese’s peanut butter cups , chopped
- Crush the graham crackers using a food processor. Mix them with the melted butter and press the mixture into a 9-inch spring form pan or 9-inch pie plate. Place the crust in the freezer to firm while you make the filling.
- Whip the whipping cream until light and fluffy, then beat in 2 teaspoons of sugar. Set aside. Add the cream cheese to a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer and beat until light and fluffy. Add 1/3 cup sugar, Reese’s spread and vanilla and mix until smooth. Using a spatula, fold in the whipped cream until combined. Add the Reese’s cups and fold in gently to distribute the candy throughout. Pour the filling mixture into the crust and spread evenly. Freeze 2+ hours or refrigerate 4+ hours, until firm.
- When the cheesecake is firm, make the ganache topping by adding the chocolate chips to a heat-proof bowl. Heat the cream in a microwave safe bowl until boiling, then pour over the chocolate chips. Let sit for a few minutes, then stir until the chocolate is melted and the ganache is smooth. Allow to cool for a few minutes, then pour over the cheesecake, using an offset spatula or a knife to smooth. Sprinkle the chopped Reese’s peanut butter cups on the top of the cheesecake. Return the cheesecake to the refrigerator or freezer for 30 minutes, or until the ganache has cooled and firmed.
- Can also use a plastic bag with a rolling pin to crush the graham crackers.