A smooth and silky cheesecake studded with chopped Reese’s cups and topped with a rich chocolate ganache. This no-bake Reese’s cheesecake is what dreams are made of!
Table of Contents
Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake
If you, like me, have wondered if there is anything better in the world than cheesecake, the answer is…this mouthwatering dessert! It has all the creaminess and deliciousness of cheesecake, but with the added chocolate peanut butter flavor of a Reese’s peanut butter bar.
In my opinion, there’s no better combination than chocolate and peanut butter. This dessert is one of my favorite ways to combine the two and tastes absolutely incredible! Cream cheese and Reese’s spread combine to form a smooth, silky cheesecake, studded with chopped Reese’s cups and topped with a rich chocolate ganache. It’s gorgeous and impressive, but surprisingly easy to make. And absolutely no baking required! Whether you’re enjoying it with family or serving it at a dinner party with friends, it is sure to impress.
How to Make a Reese’s Cheesecake
I especially love this recipe because there’s no baking required! It’s the perfect treat to make during the summer when you don’t want to warm up the kitchen with a hot oven. Follow the simple steps below to get started and scroll down for a step-by-step video tutorial and printable recipe.
Chocolate Graham Cracker Crust
You start with a chocolate graham cracker base. I like to use my food processor, but a plastic bag with a rolling pin works just fine too. You want the crumbs to be fairly fine, but it’s okay if they’re not all exactly the same size.
Mix the crumbs with the butter to make a mixture with the texture of damp sand, then press it into a 9-inch spring form pan. Then pop the crust into the freezer to firm up while you make the cheesecake filling.
The filling is quick and easy to whip up, with just a few simple ingredients. Whip the whipping cream until fluffy, then beat in 2 teaspoons of sugar. Set aside. In a separate large bowl, beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy. Then add 1/3 cup sugar, Reese’s spread and vanilla and mix until smooth.
Using a spatula, fold in the whipped cream until combined. Then gently fold in the chopped Reese’s to evenly distribute the candy throughout. Pour the filling into the crust and spread evenly. Freeze the cheesecake for 2+ hours or refrigerate 4+ hours, until firm.
Once the cheesecake has chilled and firmed, it’s topped with a gorgeous and luscious chocolate ganache. I’m always amazed that you can make something so delicious with just two ingredients!
Simply add the chocolate chips to a heat-proof bowl. Heat the cream in a microwave-safe bowl until boiling, then pour the cream over the chocolate chips. Let sit for a few minutes, then stir until chocolate is melted and smooth.
Let ganache cool for a few minutes (so that it’s not boiling hot), then pour over the cheesecake. Use a knife to smooth out the surface. Then sprinkle chopped Reese’s on top of ganache and place in the refrigerator or freezer for 30 minutes, or until the ganache has cooled and firmed. When the ganache has cooled, it’s ready to serve. Just take a look at this gorgeous Reese’s cheesecake!
Tips for Success
- Chill really well. Make sure to refrigerate the filling for at least 4 hours (or freeze for 2 hours). I often make it the day before and let it chill in the fridge overnight. You want the filling to be firm to touch.
- Clean your knife in between slices. Use a sharp knife to slice the cheesecake and wash it off with warm water in between slices. The less residue on the knife, the cleaner the slice will be.
- Go over the top. More is better for this dessert! I like to cover the entire top with chopped Reese’s, so that each slice gets it’s fair share. The Reese’s lovers will thank you later :)
More Desserts You’ll Love
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all the newest recipes!
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Recipe
For the crust:
- 1 sleeve chocolate graham crackers
- 5 Tablespoons butter
For the filling:
- ½ cup whipping cream
- ⅓ cup + 2 teaspoon sugar , divided
- 20 ounces cream cheese (2 1/2 blocks)
- 13 ounce jar Reese’s peanut butter chocolate spread
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup Reese’s peanut butter cups , chopped
For the topping:
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup Reese’s peanut butter cups , chopped
- Crush the graham crackers using a food processor. Mix them with the melted butter and press the mixture into a 9-inch spring form pan or 9-inch pie plate. Place the crust in the freezer to firm while you make the filling.
- Whip the whipping cream until light and fluffy, then beat in 2 teaspoons of sugar. Set aside. Add the cream cheese to a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer and beat until light and fluffy. Add 1/3 cup sugar, Reese’s spread and vanilla and mix until smooth. Using a spatula, fold in the whipped cream until combined. Add the Reese’s cups and fold in gently to distribute the candy throughout. Pour the filling mixture into the crust and spread evenly. Freeze 2+ hours or refrigerate 4+ hours, until firm.
- When the cheesecake is firm, make the ganache topping by adding the chocolate chips to a heat-proof bowl. Heat the cream in a microwave safe bowl until boiling, then pour over the chocolate chips. Let sit for a few minutes, then stir until the chocolate is melted and the ganache is smooth. Allow to cool for a few minutes, then pour over the cheesecake, using an offset spatula or a knife to smooth. Sprinkle the chopped Reese’s cups on the top of the cheesecake. Return the cheesecake to the refrigerator or freezer for 30 minutes, or until the ganache has cooled and firmed.
- Can also use a plastic bag with a rolling pin to crush the graham crackers.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
Can’t find heavy cream for ganache topping. What is good substitute? Thank you!
You could use half and half or whole milk.
Seriously delicious! Our entire family loved this.
5 STARS FOR SURE!!! Delicious!
Do you use milk chocolate or semi sweet for the ganache?
I usually use semi sweet chocolate chips!
OMG! My hubby will love this cheesecake, it is his favorite flavor, thank you for sharing this yummy recipe!!!
Yum! It’s been so hot here, so I love that this recipe is no bake. Plus, it’s so tasty – the kids and my hubby loved it.
This is a dream come true! It doesn’t get any better than this chocolate peanut butter cheesecake!
My favorite combo!!
Oh wow this looks so delicious, literally heaven in a cheesecake x
This cheese cake looks amazing! I love anything with chocolate and peanut butter.