These rich buckeye brownies are filled with delicious layers of peanut butter and chocolate ganache. The easiest peanut butter brownies using brownie mix!
One of the best dessert combinations out there is chocolate and peanut butter. The two taste incredible together! Some of my other favorite recipes using this perfect pair are my buckeye cupcakes, buckeye bark, Reese’s cheesecake and no-bake peanut butter bars.
Chocolate and peanut butter are two of my favorite flavor combinations. If you love buckeye balls like me, you’re going to love these buckeye brownies!
If you’ve never had a buckeye before, it’s basically a peanut butter truffle that’s partially dipped in chocolate. They are rich and creamy, with delicious peanut butter flavor.
And because I love them so much, I decided to make these buckeye brownies and they did not disappoint! Don’t get me wrong – all brownies are delicious, but these are something to talk about.
They contain 3 delicious layers: a brownie layer, a peanut butter layer and a chocolate ganache layer. Plus I used box brownie mix to make the recipe even easier. These brownies will win anyone over!
How to make buckeye brownies
Step 1: Make the box mix brownies (layer 1)
To start, line a 9×13″ baking pan with foil and lightly grease with non-stick spray. Don’t skip this part – you don’t want your brownies to stick!
The combine brownie mix with ingredients listed on package and stir until smooth. Pour into pan and bake at 350°F according to directions on box. Then remove from oven and let cool completely.
Step 2: Make peanut butter mixture (layer 2)
In a large bowl, mix together the butter, peanut butter and vanilla. Next add in brown sugar. Then slowly beat in powdered sugar. If the mixture gets too thick, you can add a splash of milk to thin it out a little.
Then spread the mixture on top of the boxed brownie layer. I like to use a spatula so the layer is even and smooth.
Step 3: Top with chocolate ganache (layer 3)
Melt the chocolate chips and butter in a small bowl in the microwave. Cook at 50% power for about 1-2 minutes, or until melted. Stir the melted chocolate, then pour over the peanut butter layer.
Spread the chocolate glaze with a spatula to smooth out the surface. Refrigerate the brownies for 30 minutes, or until the top chocolate layer sets.
These buckeye brownies are seriously to die for! Grab a big glass of cold milk and dig in.
More brownie recipes:
- Chocolate Mint Brownies
- Chocolate Fudge Caramel Brownies
- Cheesecake Brownies
- Easy Oreo Brownies
- Peanut Butter Brownies
- 1 box brownie mix , plus ingredients on box (use a box mix that calls for a 9×13" pan)
Peanut Butter Layer:
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13" pan with foil and lightly grease with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix brownie mix with ingredients listed on package, then pour in pan and bake according to directions on the box. Allow to cool completely.
Peanut Butter Layer:
- In a large bowl, mix together butter, peanut butter and vanilla. Add in brown sugar. Slowly beat in powdered sugar. If it gets too thick, add a splash of milk.
- Then spread mixture over the brownie layer.
- Melt chocolate chips and butter in a small bowl in the microwave. Cook at 50% power for 1-2 minutes until melted. Stir chocolate and pour over the peanut butter layer.
- Spread chocolate glaze with a spatula. Refrigerate brownies for 30 minutes or until glaze is set.