Easy peanut butter cookies made with only 3 ingredients in just 15 minutes. These cookies are soft, chewy and full of creamy peanut butter flavor.
I don’t know about you, but any cookie with only three ingredients is an automatic winner in my book. That’s why I love this recipe. It’s the perfect no-fail dessert that you literally can’t mess up. Some of my other favorites are my cake mix cookies and no bake cookies.
Ladies and gentlemen get your milk glasses ready for dunking. These three ingredient peanut butter cookies will be done in less than 15 minutes from start to finish.They are easy to make, soft, chewy and full of flavor. They only take one bowl, a spoon and 3 ingredients to make: peanut butter, an egg and sugar. It doesn’t get easier than that!
These are a classic staple recipe to keep on hand for when you run out of flour or are looking for an easy cookie recipe to make. I bet you already have the ingredients on hand, too. Seriously, so simple and delicious!
3 simple ingredients!
- Peanut butter
How to make peanut butter cookies
MIX. Mix together the ingredients in a medium bowl. If the dough is too sticky, feel free to chill it in the fridge for 10 to 20 minutes.
ROLL. Use a medium cookie scoop or your hands to roll the dough into balls. You should end up with 12 (1″) balls. Then roll the dough ball into more granulated sugar and place on a lined baking sheet. Press down twice with a fork, creating a cross pattern.
BAKE. Bake in oven at 350°F for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the bottoms are very lightly browned.
- Don’t press the cookie with a fork and add a Hershey Kiss to the top instead.
- Dip half the cookie in melted chocolate.
- Use brown sugar in place of granulated sugar.
- Use baking splenda if you want less sugar.
- Add a teaspoon of vanilla for even more flavor.
Chill the dough
If the dough feels too sticky to work with, try chilling it in the fridge for 10 to 20 minutes prior to scooping.
Press with a fork
Because there’s no flour or butter, these cookies don’t spread in the oven. After you roll the dough into balls, make sure to press down on them with a fork so that they flatten out. This helps them cook evenly and gives them a circular shape.
Don’t over bake
These cookies don’t need to cook that long…only 8 to 10 minutes. Once the edges and bottoms are lightly golden, remove them from the oven. They’ll continue to firm up once they’re removed from the oven and begin cooling.
More peanut butter recipes
- Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies
- Peanut Butter Blossoms
- No Bake Reese’s Bars
- PB&J Cookies
- Peanut Butter M&M Cookies
3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar , plus more for rolling
- 1 egg
Optional: 12 Hershey kisses
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line one baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat and set aside.
- Mix together the peanut butter, sugar and egg in a medium bowl. If the dough is too sticky, you can refrigerate for 10-20 minutes.
- Roll dough into 12 (1″) balls (I like to use a medium cookie scoop) and drop into the sugar. Roll in sugar and then place onto prepared baking sheet. Press down with a fork creating a cross.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until very lightly browned on the bottoms.