Pistachio and Chocolate Leprechaun Cookies – Perfect for Saint Patrick’s Day!
St. Patrick’s Day Leprechaun Cookies
I can’t believe St. Patrick’s Day is almost here! It’s one of my favorite holidays to celebrate because I love any excuse to throw a party. These pistachio cookies were the perfect addition to our table.
While I love my pistachio cookies with cherries, these ones with m&m’s and nuts can’t be beat.
They are my family’s favorite St. Patrick’s day treat. They’re full of decadent dark chocolate chips, crunchy walnuts, green M&Ms and pistachio! I created these to have a hint of green (no pinching here!) as well as be absolutely irresistible in flavor.
Mix-in’s for Cookies
A few notes on the mix-ins below!
- Pudding: I include pistachio pudding because it gives a subtle pistachio flavor and hint of green. You can also add a drop or two of green food coloring to the batter for even more green coloring. Up to you!
- Nuts: I love the crunch that the chopped walnuts give to these cookies but of course they can be left out or swapped for another favorite.
- Chocolate: Dark chocolate chips really contrast the sweet pistachio flavor but milk or white chips would be fabulous as well. Just be sure to include green chocolate candies, the leprechaun really loves those !
These cookies don’t take hours to make, in fact they’re ready within one hour so it’s the perfect after-school snack too! Consider packaging these up with a fun black and white striped bow and green shamrock gift tag to give as teacher’s gifts, neighbor’s gifts, party favors, etc!
Or just make a big ol’ batch for your family to enjoy during movie night for St. Patrick’s Day! However you enjoy these leprechaun cookies, they are a real treat.
More St. Patrick’s Day Favorites:
- Chocolate Mint Brownies
- Rainbow Fruit Platter
- Irish Soda Bread
- Homemade Shamrock Shake
- Rainbow Cupcakes
- 1 cup butter softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 3.4 ounces package instant pistachio pudding (dry mix)
- 2 eggs
- 2 ¼ cups cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup green M&Ms
- ½ cup chopped walnuts , or pistachios
- green food coloring , optional
- Preheat oven to 375° F. In an electric mixer with paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars. Add extracts and pudding mix and eggs one at a time. Beat for 1 minute.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to sugar mixture one a little at a time, mixing thoroughly between each addition. Add a drop or two of green food coloring at this point if you want a stronger green color. Stir in chocolate chips, green M&Ms and chopped walnuts or pistachios.
- Using a medium cookie scoop or Tablespoon, drop cookies on baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are turning slightly golden.
- Let cool on the pan a couple minutes then move to a cooling rack.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
Recipe Contributed by Courtney Whitmore from Pizzazzerie