This ramen noodle cabbage salad with chicken is so tasty and comes together in minutes! Light, crunchy and the perfect combination of flavors. It’s sure to become a summer staple!
Table of Contents
Perfect Potluck Side Dish
Summer is around the corner and you better believe I’ll be whipping up lots of delicious and easy salad recipes! This ramen cabbage salad is at the top of my list and has become a family favorite over the years. The flavors blend together so nicely and the cabbage and ramen give the dish that perfect crunch! It’s sweet and savory and will have guests going back for seconds in no time.
One thing I love about this salad is how many different ways you can use it. It’s the perfect recipe to bring to a BBQ or can be eaten as a main dish for both lunch and dinner. There’s minimal ingredients and hardly any prep time, making it a simple recipe that’s thrown together in the blink of an eye! It will leave your guests thinking you spent all morning in the kitchen…it’s THAT good.
Dressing for Ramen Cabbage Salad
The dressing for this salad is super simple, but adds great flavor! You only need 4 ingredients to make it: olive oil, rice vinegar, sugar and soy sauce. The vinegar adds a nice tang, while the soy sauce gives it that classic Asian flavor. It’s then pulled together with a sprinkling of sugar, to help sweeten it up and balance out the flavors. I like to use low sodium soy sauce to cut back on salt a bit. You could also substitute soy sauce for coconut aminos if you’d like.
Tips + Modifications
- Chicken. I like to use rotisserie chicken for convenience. You could also make shredded chicken in the instant pot or crockpot.
- Toasting almonds. If you have the time, make your own toasted almonds on the stove. They taste so much better than store bought! You can also toast the ramen noodles while you’re at it, to add a little more flavor and depth.
- Ramen seasoning. Chicken ramen noodles are my preference, but other types will work too. You can also make the recipe without the ramen seasoning packets if preferred, however they just add a little more flavor.
- Extra flavor. Feel free to add fresh grated ginger or minced garlic into the sauce for even more flavor.
- Honey. To make healthier, you may substitute honey for granulated sugar.
- Vegetarian. You can omit the chicken and the ramen seasoning to make the salad vegetarian. It still tastes great without it!
- Extras. This salad also tastes delicious with the addition of mandarin oranges for a sweet bite.
- Serving. This salad tastes best if served within the first few hours, so that the noodles stay crunchy.
More Potluck Favorites
Ramen Noodle Cabbage Salad
- 1 pound chicken , cooked and cubed
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 packages chicken ramen noodles
- ½ cup green onion
- ½ cup sliced toasted almonds
- ½ cup sunflower or sesame seeds
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1.5 teaspoons soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large salad bowl, combine the cabbage, onions, toasted almonds, seeds and broken uncooked ramen noodles and seasoning.
- Next whisk together oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over salad and stir until combined. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!