Easy tortellini Italian pasta salad made with Italian dressing in 15 minutes! So full of flavor and a side dish the whole family will love! Perfect for any summer BBQ!
This Italian pasta salad is one of my favorite summer dishes to make. We love grilling chicken and serving it on the side. The leftovers also taste amazing the next day for lunch. The Italian dressing really marinates all the flavors. So yummy! It’s a great side dish to bring to a potluck as well and very filling. Not to mention it is SUPER easy to make. It will be done in 15 minutes or less. You all know I love easy meals, especially during the summer time.
This Italian pasta salad is similar to my favorite easy pasta salad, but it much more filling with the tortellini noodles and salami. I also love the addition of cucumbers. It adds the perfect crunch.
How to make pasta salad with Italian dressing
The first thing you’ll want to do is cook your pasta noodles. While the pasta is cooking I like to chop all my vegetables. Once the pasta is done, you’ll want to drain and run through cold water. Then toss everything in a large bowl with Italian dressing and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. So easy!
If you’d like you can even top it with fresh parmesan cheese and chopped parsley to make it look extra nice.
Easy tortellini Italian pasta salad
- 1 pound three cheese tortellini
- 1 pint grape tomatoes sliced
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 1 cucumber chopped
- 3/4 cup sliced olives
- 1/4 cup sliced or chopped red onion
- 1 cup chopped salami or pepperoni about 1/4 lb
- 1 1/4 cups Italian dressing I like using the Olive Garden brand, more if needed
- Shredded parmesan cheese optional
- Chopped parsley optional
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain and run through cool water, until cooled. Combine the tortellini, tomatoes, bell pepper, cucumber, olives, red onion and salami in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the top and stir gently until evenly coated. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. I like to refrigerate about an hour before serving.
- Top with shredded parmesan cheese and chopped parsley, before serving, if desired.
YUM! Now I am craving to Italian pasta salad and can’t wait to make it next week. It will definitely be on repeat all summer long! Thinking I need to plan a backyard BBQ soon. Love getting together with friends and family, enjoying delicious food and watching the kids run around like crazy. Anything to get their energy out, right? ;)
Looking for more pasta salad recipes? You’ll love these too: