Cucumber Tomato Salad – This Family Favorite is Fresh & Full of Flavor! Makes the Perfect Light & Healthy Side Dish for Summer!
Tomato Cucumber Salad
Summertime is right around the corner and you better believe this easy tomato cucumber salad will be making an appearance in my kitchen on a regular basis! Topped with a yummy homemade vinaigrette and feta cheese, this cucumber tomato salad recipe is packed with a punch of flavor and filled with lots of veggies!
One of my favorite parts about Summer is growing my own garden. I love to plant my own fresh herbs and vegetables, especially cherry tomatoes, cucumbers and parsley. This recipe is a great way to use up our fresh produce and incorporates lots of cucumbers, which are my kids’ favorite vegetable. WIN!
Another great thing about this tomato cucumber salad is that it’s SO versatile! Add in sliced olives, chickpeas or pine nuts to give it more of a Greek spin, or even some pasta or chicken to serve as a main course! You can also substitute the herbs depending on what you have in your fridge or garden, such as adding in basil instead of parsley. This is a family staple and is sure to become a hit in your household!
Cucumber Salad Recipe
This cucumber salad recipe is super easy and comes together so quickly! For the homemade vinaigrette, all you need is olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano and salt & pepper, which you probably already have in your pantry. Then add the vinaigrette to a bowl with the chopped veggies, herbs & feta and mix together. Refrigerate for 15 minutes before serving and BOOM, you’re ready!
It also saves really well…just refrigerate and let the flavors marinate together even more. Great for leftovers the next day. So easy and yummy!
For more summer salad recipes, check out:
- Easy tortellini Italian pasta salad
- Rainbow Honey Lime Fruit Salad
- Summer salad with lemon dressing
- Mango chicken quinoa salad
Tomato Cucumber Salad
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 cucumbers, quartered
- 1/2 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley (or basil)
- 1-2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- S&P, to taste
- Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar and oregano in a small bowl. Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Combine the cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, parsley and feta in a medium sized bowl. Then pour the vinaigrette over the top and toss until combined. Add more feta, parsley, S&P to taste. Refrigerate at least 15 minutes before serving.