These Christmas pretzels hugs are an easy festive treat to make for holiday gifting and snacking! All you need are 3 ingredients including pretzels, Hershey’s Hugs and M&Ms.
Table of Contents
Easy Pretzel M&M Hugs
These pretzel hugs (also known as Christmas hugs, Christmas pretzels, pretzel kisses, etc.) are one of my favorite holiday desserts! I found the pretzel kisses recipe on the back of the candy bag years ago and have been making them ever since.
These hug pretzels make great gifts for the holidays, too! Wrap with cellophane and a bow or stick in a glass jar and add one of my adorable Christmas hugs tags (free download below). They are so delicious and seriously addicting!
3 Simple Ingredients
- Hershey’s hugs candies: These are basically like Hershey kisses, but with white and milk chocolate.
- Pretzels: Snap pretzels work better than pretzel twists, because the chocolate won’t melt through the holes.
- M&M’s: Use the festive red and green Christmas M&M’s for a fun pop of color.
Quick Tips + Variations
- Rolo candies. If you’d rather use Rolo’s instead of Hershey’s hugs, you can definitely swap the candies.
- Pretzel sandwich. You can also stack another pretzel on top, similar to a rolo pretzel sandwich.
- More festive. For a more festive Christmas flare, try using the candy cane Hershey’s kisses. You can top with Christmas sprinkles, too!
- Pecans. Sometimes I’ll top mine with a pecan half if I don’t have M&M’s on hand.
- Make year round. These can be made any time of the year. Just use different colored M&M’s based on the occasion.
Free Printable Tag
If giving these pretzel hugs as a holiday gift, don’t forget to print out these FREE adorable Christmas tags!
Instructions: Print on cardstock paper and cut out the tags. Then tie some bakers twine around a jar filled with Christmas hugs and you’ve got yourself a pretty cute and inexpensive gift! :)
Other Easy Holiday Treats
- 50 Hershey’s hugs candies
- 50 pretzels
- 50 M&M’s
- Heat oven to 320°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or foil. Place pretzels on baking sheet. Top each pretzel with one unwrapped Hershey's hug.
- Bake 2 to 4 minutes or until chocolate begins to soften, but not melt. Remove from oven and top each pretzel hug with an M&M. Allow to cool a few minutes if they’re too hot.
- Allow to cool several hours and then store in an airtight container.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!