These Christmas pretzel hugs are the easiest holiday treat! Made with just 3 simple ingredients and take only 10 minutes from start to finish. Perfect easy and inexpensive holiday gift idea!
Table of Contents
Easy Pretzel M&M Hugs
These pretzel hugs (also known as Christmas hugs, Christmas pretzels, pretzel kisses, etc.) are one of my favorite holiday desserts! They’re perfect if you want to make a homemade holiday treat but aren’t in the mood for a big, elaborate recipe. So easy and delicious!
I found this pretzel kisses recipe on the back of the candy bag several years ago and have been making them ever since. They are SUPER easy to make and they are the perfect dessert for your kids to help with! They can line up all the pretzels, unwrap the candies and stick them on top.
These hug pretzels make great gifts for the holidays, too! Wrap with cellophane and a bow or stick in a glass jar and add one of my adorable Christmas hugs tags (free download below). They are so delicious and seriously addicting!
3 Simple Ingredients
- Hershey’s hugs candies: These are basically like Hershey kisses, but with white and milk chocolate.
- Pretzels: Snap pretzels work better than pretzel twists, because the chocolate won’t melt through the holes.
- M&M’s: Use the festive red and green Christmas M&M’s for a fun pop of color.
Quick Tips + Variations
- Rolo candies. If you’d rather use Rolo’s instead of Hershey’s hugs, you can definitely swap the candies.
- Pretzel sandwich. You can also stack another pretzel on top, similar to a rolo pretzel sandwich.
- More festive. For a more festive Christmas flare, try using the candy cane Hershey’s kisses. You can top with Christmas sprinkles, too!
- Pecans. Sometimes I’ll top mine with a pecan half if I don’t have M&M’s on hand.
- Make year round. These can be made any time of the year. Just use different colored M&M’s based on the occasion.
Free Printable Tag
If giving these pretzel hugs as a holiday gift, don’t forget to print out these FREE adorable Christmas tags!
Instructions: Print on cardstock paper and cut out the tags. Then tie some bakers twine around a jar filled with Christmas hugs and you’ve got yourself a pretty cute and inexpensive gift! :)
Other Easy Holiday Treats
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all the newest recipes!
- 50 Hershey’s hugs candies
- 50 pretzels
- 50 M&M’s
- Heat oven to 320°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or foil. Place pretzels on baking sheet. Top each pretzel with one unwrapped Hershey's hug.
- Bake 2 to 4 minutes or until chocolate begins to soften, but not melt. Remove from oven and top each pretzel hug with an M&M. Allow to cool a few minutes if they’re too hot.
- Allow to cool several hours and then store in an airtight container.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
Hello! I was curious what size these jars are? I’m trying to buy some online and don’t want to go too big or too small haha
Hi! I got this jar from Hobby Lobby a few years ago, so I don’t totally remember what size it was. If I had to guess, I think you should be able to fill about two eight ounce jars with 50 hugs – possibly more jars than that. I hope this helps!
Where do I find the downloadable tag?
Hi Carolyn! There is a box under the “free printable tag” section where you can enter your name and email to receive the free printable :)
Where did you find those cute jars??
Hi Jennie! I found it at Hobby Lobby years ago. :)
going to try this year.
Hope you enjoy!
Can’t get to the downloadable tag. Where is it?
Hi Talitha! This printable is only available for subscribers. If you enter your name and email it will be emailed to you!