These Christmas Pretzel Hugs are the easiest holiday treat! Made with just 3 simple ingredients and take only 10 minutes from start to finish. Perfect easy and inexpensive holiday gift idea!
It doesn’t get any easier than this recipe for Christmas hugs. If you want to make a homemade holiday treat but aren’t in the mood for a big, elaborate recipe…these are perfect for you! You’ll also love microwave fudge, Oreo balls and sugar cookie truffles.
These pretzel hugs (also known as Christmas hugs, Christmas pretzels, pretzel kisses, etc.) are one of my favorite things to make around Christmas! I found this pretzel kisses recipe on the back of the candy bag several years ago and have been making them ever since. They are the perfect dessert for your kids to help with! They can line up all the pretzels, unwrap the candies and stick them on top.
These hug pretzels make great gifts for the holidays, too! Wrap with cellophane and a bow or stick in a glass jar and add one of my adorable Christmas hugs tags (free download below). They are so delicious and seriously addicting!
Ingredients for pretzel hugs
These pretzel kisses are made with just 3 simple ingredients! Check them out below.
- Hershey’s hugs candies
How do you make a pretzel hug?
These pretzel hugs really are so simple to make. You basically just place the candies on top of the pretzels and warm them up in the oven for a bit. Then stick a festive M&M on top and you’re done! Scroll down for the printable Christmas hugs recipe.
You can also stack another pretzel on top and make a rolo pretzel sandwich. ;)
Quick tips for pretzel kisses
- These pretzel kisses can be made any time of the year. Just use different colored M&M’s based on the occasion.
- If you’d rather use Rolo’s instead of Hershey’s hugs, you can definitely swap the candies.
- Try adding another pretzel on top to make a rolo pretzel sandwich.
- For a more festive Christmas flare, try using the candy cane Hershey’s kisses. You can top with Christmas sprinkles, too!
- Sometimes I’ll top the pretzel hugs with a pecan half if I don’t have M&M’s on hand.
- 50 Hershey's hugs candies
- 50 pretzels
- 50 M&M’s
- Heat oven to 325°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Place pretzels on baking sheet. Top each pretzel with one unwrapped Hershey's hug.
- Bake 3 to 5 minutes or until chocolate begins to soften, but not melt. Remove from oven and top each pretzel hug with an M&M.
Free printable for pretzel hugs
If giving these pretzel hugs as a holiday gift, don’t forget to print out these FREE adorable Christmas tags!
Instructions: Print on cardstock paper and cut out the tags. Then tie some bakers twine around a jar filled with Christmas hugs and you’ve got yourself a pretty cute and inexpensive gift! :)
TO DOWNLOAD FREE PRETZEL HUGS PRINTABLE
Enter your info below to snag your free pretzel hugs printable:
Happy baking! So what’s your favorite holiday treat?