These sweet treats are the best holiday desserts out there. Add some baking time into your festivities and enjoy these delicious recipes!
One of my hands-down favorite parts of the holidays is all of the holiday desserts that everyone bakes up. I feel like it is my personal duty to taste test as many of the treats as possible—it is my job, after all! :)
In case you haven’t quite figured out what you’d like to leave out for Santa, I’ve rounded up 50 of the BEST holiday dessert recipes! You’ll find all of your favorites in this amazing list. So what are you waiting for?! Get to baking!
Cookie Christmas Desserts
There’s a good reason that cookies are first on this list. You’ve got to make sure you have a Christmas dessert to leave out for Santa with a glass of milk, after all!
Plus, baking cookies as a family is such a sweet Christmas tradition. Make a few of these recipes to hand out as gifts to neighbors, friends, and any stray reindeer you come across.
- Soft Molasses Cookies. Filled with ginger flavor and will warm you head to toe.
- Best Chocolate Chip Cookies. Perfect crispy edges with chewy insides. Yum!
- Oatmeal Cream Pie Cookies. Two chewy cookies filled with a fluffy marshmallow cream.
- Easy Reindeer Cookies. Your kids will love this adorable dessert. (via One Little Project)
- Ricotta Cheese Cookies. Think of them as a slightly tart version of a giant sugar cookie.
- Pudding Cookies. Gooey on the inside while the outside retains a nice crunch.
- Cornflake Cookies. A no-bake treat that’s crunchy and full of peanut butter flavor.
- Oatmeal Cookies. They are always a crowd favorite!
- Best M&M Cookies. Use the red and green pack of M&Ms for extra festiveness!
- Super Soft Sugar Cookies. You can’t go wrong with a classic sugar cookie.
- Peanut Butter Blossoms. A soft cookie with a Hershey’s kiss nestled on top.
- Red Velvet Butter Cookies. This decadent treat is made to sit on your holiday table.
- Pistachio Cherry Meltaways. Has the look of Christmas with green and red colors.
- Snickerdoodles. Is it even the holiday season without this delicious Christmas cookie?
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies. A rich chocolate cookie dusted in sweet powdered sugar.
- Peppermint Oreos. This cute version is made to be stacked in a jar—perfect for delivering to friends and family.
Mmmm, it doesn’t get much better than buttery, flaky pie crust topped with warm toppings. Pie is a traditional holiday dessert and we always have a least two to three off this list on our table.
- Razzleberry Pie. Three kinds of berries tucked in a buttery crust!
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie. Combines two yummy treats into one delicious package.
- Sugar Cream Pie. A silky, creamy pie filled with an egg-free custard. (via Lil Luna)
- Chocolate Silk Pie. A chocolate crust is topped with silky chocolate filling.
- Coconut Cream Pie. The coconut cream custard filling is so, so good!
- Pumpkin Pie Recipe. I make this recipe almost every single year.
- Mud pie. If you love chocolate, you’ve got to add this one to your list! (via Lil Luna)
- Brown Bag Apple Pie. This is a fantastic pie that’s perfect for beginner pie makers.
- Apple Cheesecake Pie. Making this dessert is, well, as easy as apple pie!
- Mint Chocolate Cream Pie. The mint flavor is an unexpected, yet so delicious.
- Christmas Cranberry Pie. Equal parts sweet and sour, an amazing combination. (via Barefeet in the Kitchen)
- Caramel Snickers Pie. Set aside some extra Snickers from Halloween to make it!
- Eggnog Pie. This is a pie that’s infused with one of my favorite flavors…eggnog!
- White Christmas Pie. Dreaming of a white Christmas? Make your own by creating this delicious Christmas pie. (via A Family Feast)
Bars and Brownies
Bars and brownies top my list of holiday dessert ideas because they are perfect to make for a crowd. These recipes can easily be doubled or tripled and doled out to all your friends and family.
- M&M Cookie Bars. Studded with seasonally colored M&Ms throughout.
- 7 Layer Magic Cookie Bars. Loaded with 7 layers of deliciousness!
- Christmas Brownie Sticks. A portable holiday dessert! (via Great Grub Delicious Treats)
- Homemade Snickers. Layers of chocolate, nougat, and caramel.
- Christmas Tree Brownies. These are as cute as they are tasty! (via Dinner at the Zoo)
- Fudge Caramel Brownies. A layer of caramel makes these extraordinary.
- Caramel Apple Pie Bars. Everything a dessert should be—easy and filled with flavor.
- Christmas Magic Layer Brownie Bars. It’s all in the name! (via Yellow Bliss Road)
- Congo Bars. Soft, chewy chocolate chip cookie bars.
- Chocolate Mint Brownies. A layer of seasonally-appropriate green adds festive cheer.
- The Best Rice Krispie Treats. A quick and easy no-bake treat.
- Peanut Butter Cup Caramel Shortbread Bars. The best combination! (via Our Best Bites)
- Candy Cane Brownies. Layers of crushed candy canes, soft chocolate ganache and sweet peppermint frosting. (via Barbara Bakes)
Other Delicious Holiday Desserts
Want even more holiday desserts to choose from? These sweet treats are practically guaranteed to be a crowd-pleasure! Between cake balls and a special sweet “salad”, there are plenty of easy, great options here to make as a family.
- Oreo Balls. So easy to make with only three ingredients.
- Sugar Cookie Truffles. All the flavor of your favorite sugar cookie in one cute little ball.
- Cookie Dough Truffles. If you love cookie dough, make sure to make this.
- Peppermint Bark. The perfect treat for gifting!
- Easy Fudge Recipe. Made in the microwave with just 3 ingredients!
- Christmas Crack Toffee. The best combination of sweet and salty!
- Raspberry Jello Pretzel Salad. There are few “salads” that guests will love like this one!
- Pizookie. If you haven’t tried this cookie pizza before, you must!
- Easy Buckeyes. Creamy peanut butter surrounded by chocolate—yes please!
- Peanut Butter Fudge. All you need is the microwave—no stovetop is required.