Sweet and salty Rolo pretzel turtles made with a square pretzel that is topped with a chocolate caramel Rolo candy and pecan. Everyone loves this quick and easy treat, it’s perfect for snacking or gifting!
Table of Contents
Pretzel Turtles with Rolo Candy
These Rolo turtles are a super quick and simple dessert recipe to have in your back pocket during the holiday season. You only need 3 ingredients (pretzels, Rolo’s and pecans) and there’s hardly any work required. They’re honestly one of the easiest treats you can make!
If you love the classic chocolate turtles, this Rolo version will be no exception. They’re similar to my favorite Rolo pretzels, but with a buttery pecan on top instead of M&M’s. Every bite is sweet, salty, nutty and filled with both chocolate and caramel.
So next time you need a holiday dessert QUICK, these Rolo turtles with pretzels are calling your name! They’re a delicious and no-fuss treat that everyone always loves.
3-Ingredient Rolo Turtles
- Pretzels: I recommend using the pretzel squares for this recipe. The Rolo’s will easily melt on top without melting through. Pretzel twists will still work just fine if that’s all you have on hand.
- Rolo’s: You can’t make turtle candies without caramel and chocolate! Rolo’s have caramel on the inside, with a rich chocolate exterior, making them perfect for this recipe.
- Pecans: After the Rolo’s melt on top of the pretzels, you can then press a raw pecan onto the tops. It adds a buttery, nutty flavor that tastes so delicious. You could also use almonds or walnuts if preferred.
Add a Sprinkle of Salt!
A sprinkle of sea salt is the perfect finishing touch to this Rolo pretzel turtle recipe. I prefer maldon flake sea salt…it’s the best! Sprinkle it on top right when they get out of the oven so that it sticks to the chocolate.
Once cooled, these Rolo pretzel turtles will stay fresh for up to 2 weeks in an airtight container. You may also freeze them for up to 3 months if preferred.
Great for Gifting!
Because they stay fresh for up to 2 weeks, these Rolo turtles make a great neighbor gift. You can make them in advance, wrap them up with a cute holiday tag or ribbon, then give them out a few days before Christmas. An easy, delicious and inexpensive gift idea that spreads the holiday cheer!
More Easy Holiday Desserts:
Rolo Pretzel Turtles
- 25 small square pretzels
- 25 Rolo’s
- 25 pecans
Optional: flake sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 250°F. Place the square pretzels on a baking sheet lined with parchment or foil. Place one Rolo candy on top of each pretzel.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for 3 minutes, until the Rolo's have softened. Remove from the oven and press a pecan on top. Add flaked sea salt if desired. Let cool completely.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!