Crispy garlic french bread topped with spaghetti and mozzarella cheese. These spaghetti boats are one of my favorite ways to use leftover spaghetti!
Whenever spaghetti is on the menu, I always seem to make too much. Instead of just reheating leftovers, I decided to repurpose them into a different dish. Queue these spaghetti boats! They were so easy to make and my family loved them.
The other night I happened to see french bread on sale for $1 and had some leftover spaghetti, so we made spaghetti boats. This is a super easy dinner that your whole family will love! They will never know you used leftovers to make it. ;)
Sometimes I even use homemade french bread or French baguette if I have an extra loaf that I need to use up. We’ve also made spaghetti boats using zucchini when we are trying to be a little more healthy. Both ways are delicious, but of course anything with garlic bread involved is extra tasty in my book.
How to make spaghetti boats
WARM. Reheat the leftover spaghetti until warm.
TOAST. Cut the french bread in half, then spread butter on top and sprinkle with garlic powder. Bake in oven for about 5 minutes, or until golden.
TOP. Top the bread with your leftover spaghetti and sprinkle cheese on top. Bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until the cheese is nice and bubbly.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment or foil. This makes clean up super easy!
- If you don’t have leftover spaghetti, you can make a fresh batch.
- Sometimes I cut some of the bread out of the center of each loaf. This helps to hold the spaghetti a little better.
- Add fresh basil on top for extra flavor.
- Let cool a little once done, then cut each half into 4 slices.
More easy dinner ideas:
- 3 to 4 cups leftover spaghetti
- 1 loaf french bread , sliced in half
- 4 Tablespoons butter , softened
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 to 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Line a baking sheet with foil for easy clean up.
- Warm leftover spaghetti or cook fresh (sauce and noodles mixed together).
- Place the french bread halves onto baking sheet. Spread each piece with 2 Tablespoons of butter (more if you’d like). Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of garlic powder onto each piece. Bake in oven for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven.
- Top each piece of bread with about 1 1/2 to 2 cups of spaghetti. Then sprinkle on 1/2 to 1 cup of mozzarella cheese. Bake for additional 5 minutes or until the cheese is nice and bubbly.
- Allow to cool, slice and enjoy!
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
So tell me…what’s your favorite meal to make with leftovers?