This EASY garlic bread is made with only 3 ingredients in just 10 minutes or less! It’s flavorful, perfectly toasted and makes a great compliment to so many dishes. Top with cheese and fresh parsley for the ultimate cheesy garlic bread!
This easy garlic bread has been a staple in our house for years! It’s so delicious and one of my kid’s absolute favorite sides. They always request it whenever we have spaghetti and meatballs.
The best part about this recipe is that it’s made with only 3 ingredients in just 10 minutes or less! You can easily just pick up a loaf at the store, or make your own french bread at home. Whenever I make my homemade french bread recipe, I always use the second loaf to make this easy garlic bread. It’s the perfect way to use it up and is just so simple.
There are plenty of ways to adjust the flavor based on preference. Feel free to add cheese if desired to make a cheesy version that’s even more delicious! Or add 2 cloves of crushed garlic to really enhance the garlic flavor. I like to add some chopped fresh parsley for added flavor and a pretty touch. Yum!
This recipe only takes 3 simple ingredients and couldn’t be easier to make. If I’m in the mood for cheesy garlic bread, I’ll add some mozzarella and parmesan cheese (if you want it extra cheesy, add more cheese). It adds such great flavor! I also love to add fresh chopped parsley too. Yum!
- French bread loaf
- Garlic powder
How to make garlic bread
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line baking sheet with foil. Set aside.
- Slice french bread in half. In a small bowl, stir together butter and garlic powder. If desired, add cheese and parsley. Then spread mixture evenly on top of french bread.
- Bake for 5 to 10 minutes, or until it is lightly browned around the edges. Slice each loaf into 6 pieces. Serve while hot.
What do you eat with it?
This recipe tastes absolutely amazing and pairs perfectly with so many dishes! We love to pair it with Italian recipes, but it honestly makes a great addition to any meal. Below are a few of my favorites.
French Bread Pizzas: One of our favorite easy weeknight dinners is french bread pizza. We use the garlic bread as the base, then add on toppings like cheese, pepperoni, tomatoes, balsamic and fresh basil.
Meatball Subs: Another family favorite dish to make with it is a baked meatball sub. They are so toasty, cheesy and delicious!
How to store
If you have leftovers, just store it in a zip top plastic bag at room temperature. I wouldn’t recommend storing in the fridge, as it usually makes it stale (it draws the moisture out of the bread). It will keep for about 2-3 days if stored in a plastic bag at room temp.
Alternatively, you can also freeze it too. If freezing a whole half loaf, wrap tightly in aluminum foil and then place in a zip top freezer bag. You can also add slices to a zip top bag and freeze that way. To reheat, place on a baking sheet and warm in oven for a few minutes.
Garlic Bread Recipe
- 12 ounce loaf french bread
- 4-6 Tablespoons butter , softened
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Optional: 1 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/2 grated parmesan cheese, chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Set aside.
- Slice bread in half. Stir the butter and garlic powder in a small bowl. Add cheese and parsley if desired. Then spread evenly on top of the loaf.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. Slice each loaf into 6 and serve while hot.
This really is the easiest and best garlic bread recipe! Enjoy!