This EASY garlic bread is made with only 3 ingredients in just 10 minutes or less! It’s flavorful, perfectly toasted and makes a great compliment to so many dishes. Top with cheese and fresh parsley for the ultimate cheesy garlic bread!
This has been a staple in our house for years! My kids always request it whenever we have spaghetti and meatballs or cheesy baked ziti. It’s made with an easy garlic herb butter and is the perfect compliment to any Italian dish!
This easy garlic bread recipe is made with only 3 ingredients in just 10 minutes or less! You can easily just pick up a loaf at the store, or make your own at home. Whenever I make my homemade french bread recipe, I always use the second loaf to make this quick garlic bread. It’s the perfect way to use it up and is just so simple.
There are plenty of ways to adjust the flavor based on preference. Feel free to add cheese if desired to make a cheesy version that’s even more delicious! Or add 2 cloves of crushed garlic to really enhance the garlic flavor. I like to add some chopped fresh parsley for added flavor and a pretty touch. Yum!
3 simple ingredients
This recipe only takes 3 simple ingredients and couldn’t be easier to make. If I’m in the mood for cheesy garlic bread, I’ll add some mozzarella and parmesan cheese (if you want it extra cheesy, add more cheese). It adds such great flavor! I also love to add fresh chopped parsley too.
- French bread: Buy a fresh loaf from the store or make your own homemade french bread.
- Butter: Make sure it has softened so that it’s easy to spread. I let mine sit out for about 30 minutes beforehand.
- Garlic powder: This gets mixed with the butter for flavor. Add as much or as little as you like, depending on how bold you like your garlic.
How to make homemade garlic bread
- Slice the french bread loaf in half vertically (a bread knife works best for this).
- Stir together the softened butter and garlic powder in a small bowl. You can also mix in parsley or cheese if desired.
- Spread the butter mixture evenly on top of french bread.
- Bake at 425°F for 5 to 10 minutes, or until it is lightly browned around the edges. Then slice each loaf into 6 pieces.
Favorite ways to serve
This recipe tastes absolutely amazing and pairs perfectly with so many dishes! We love to pair it with Italian recipes, but it honestly makes a great addition to any meal. Below are a few of my favorites.
- As a side with classic Italian dishes like lasagna or chicken alfredo
- Dipped in your favorite lasagna soup or tomato basil soup
- Use it as a base to make a french bread pizza with your favorite toppings
- As a snack dipped in marinara sauce
- Served alongside an Italian salad or big chopped salad
- Use it to make a meatball sub or leftover spaghetti boats
Storing + freezing
If you have leftovers, just store it in a zip top plastic bag at room temperature. I wouldn’t recommend storing in the fridge, as it usually makes it stale (it draws the moisture out of the bread). It will keep for about 2-3 days if stored in a plastic bag at room temp.
Alternatively, you can also freeze it too. If freezing a whole half loaf, wrap tightly in aluminum foil and then place in a zip top freezer bag. You can also add slices to a zip top bag and freeze that way. To reheat, place on a baking sheet and warm in oven for a few minutes.
More easy bread recipes:
- Stuffed cheesy garlic bread
- Cheesy pesto pull-apart bread
- Garlic cheese rolls
- Homemade pizza dough
- Easy breadsticks
- 12 ounce loaf french bread
- 4-6 Tablespoons butter , softened
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Optional: 1 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/2 grated parmesan cheese, chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Set aside.
- Slice bread in half. Stir the butter and garlic powder in a small bowl. Add cheese and parsley if desired. Then spread evenly on top of the loaf.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. Slice each loaf into 6 and serve while hot.