Homemade garlic french bread pizza -so easy and delicious! Easy to customize with all your favorite toppings! A simple recipe that kids and adults will love.
If I ever ask my kids what I want for dinner, I know exactly what they’re going to say. PIZZA! We usually end up making homemade pizza, ordering pizza or doing something different like pizza chicken roll ups.
We also love to make homemade french bread at least once a month and then use the extra loaf to make pizza boats french bread (as my kids like to call them). The best part about them, is you can customize each half (or cut them the loaf into 4) to make everyone happy. I like to make one half caprese style and half cheese/pepperoni. My kids love putting their own sauce and cheese on. You could even got more creative and use a white or pesto sauce. So many options. YUM!
Make your own french bread pizza
First, cut the loaf of french bread in half. Spread the butter on top of the bread and then sprinkle the garlic powder on top. Bake for 3-5 minutes or until lightly toasted.
Top with your favorite pizza sauce (I love the DeLallo brand or my homemade sauce here), cheese and your favorite toppings. Then bake for an additional 10-15 minutes. Now I know you can buy these in the frozen freezer section (I definitely have before), but it is so much more delicious to make your own french bread pizza.
Allow to cool for a few minutes, slice and enjoy!
Be sure to subscribe and follow on social, so you never miss a recipe!
Free email subscription HERE
Homemade garlic french bread pizza
- 1 loaf french bread
- 1/4 cup salted butter softened
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1-2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Optional toppings: pepperoni sliced olives, sliced peppers, mushrooms, red onions, tomatoes, basil, etc.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Cut the loaf of french bread in half. Spread the butter on top of the bread and then sprinkle the garlic powder on top. Bake for 3-5 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Remove from the oven and then spread the sauce on top. Then sprinkle the cheese on top and add your favorite toppings. Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Allow to cool for a few minutes, slice and enjoy!
Looking for more recipe ideas? You’ll these too: