Instant Pot Spaghetti – The EASIEST way to make spaghetti! Perfect for those busy nights where you need dinner to come together quickly. This spaghetti recipe is cooked in just one pot, making the clean up a breeze!
When it comes to one pot meals, this instant pot spaghetti is a top pick. It’s quick, simple and super delicious. Some of my other favorite one pot dinners are goulash, burrito bowls, enchilada pasta, and one pot caprese pasta.
Easy spaghetti in the instant pot
This is by far the EASIEST way to make spaghetti! You cook everything in the instant pot and don’t need to precook the noodles. It’s perfect for those nights when you have no idea what’s for dinner and need to make something FAST!
I usually have all the instant pot spaghetti ingredients on hand and make it at least once a month. The pressure cooker does everything for you in one pot, making clean up a breeze! The best part about this pressure cooker spaghetti is that everyone in my family will eat it and actually enjoys it. That’s a win in my book!
Reasons to love it:
- Made in one pot. Any meal that only requires only one pot is an immediate winner!
- No precooking noodles. Add the dry noodles to the instant pot! No precooking needed.
- 30-minute meal. Just 30 minutes total from start to finish. Perfect for busy weeknights!
- Easy clean up. Only one pot to clean! Talk about a dream come true!
This easy spaghetti recipe may not include your traditional bolognese sauce (which if you have the time, you need to try it!), but it still tastes great and is a dish the whole family will love. I love to add ground beef when making instant pot spaghetti, but you could easily include noodles only.
I’m all about easy recipes that I can make for my family during the week that aren’t a hassle. This is definitely one of those meals and I absolutely love that you don’t have to precook the noodles. Such an easy and tasty spaghetti recipe that is one of my favorites!
How to make instant pot spaghetti
This instant pot spaghetti comes together in a few simple steps. Feel free to top with fresh chopped basil, parsley or parmesan cheese to add an extra touch!
- Saute onions, garlic and beef. Set instant pot to saute and add onions & garlic. Cook a minute and then add ground beef, salt & pepper. Cook until lightly browned. Drain any grease if needed. Then turn instant pot off.
- Add in remaining ingredients. Break noodles in half & layer (crisscross) on top of meat in instant pot. Then pour spaghetti sauce, tomatoes & water over top.
- Cook spaghetti in instant pot. Seal instant pot & set to manual, high pressure for 7 minutes. When time is up, use quick release (with a glove) & stand back. Remove lid and toss spaghetti with tongs. Let sit for a minute or two to release extra liquid & then serve while hot.
- Top and serve! Top instant pot spaghetti with parmesan & basil if desired.
Spaghetti tastes great with:
We love to serve this instant pot spaghetti with garlic bread, breadsticks or a side salad. Below are a few of our favorite recipes:
- Easy garlic bread
- Stuffed cheesy garlic bread
- Garlic cheese rolls
- Chopped salad
- Italian salad
More easy pasta dishes:
- Easy Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
- Crockpot Lasagna
- The BEST Homemade Bolognese
- Creamy Rigatoni
- Cheesy Baked Ziti
- Creamy Baked Caprese Pasta
Instant Pot Spaghetti Recipe
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti noodles (about 3/4 package)
- 24 ounce jar spaghetti sauce
- 14 ounce can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 2/3 cups water
For serving (optional): Chopped basil or parsley and parmesan cheese
- Set instant pot to saute and add the onions and garlic. Cook a minute and then add in the ground beef, salt and pepper. Cook until lightly browned. Drain any grease if needed and season to taste. Then turn the instant pot off.
- Break the noodles in half and layer (crisscross) on top of the meat in the instant pot. Then pour the spaghetti sauce, tomatoes and water over top.
- Seal the instant pot and set it to manual, high pressure for 7 minutes. When the time is up, use the quick release (with a glove) and stand back. Remove the lid and toss the spaghetti with tongs. Let sit for a minute or two to release extra liquid and then serve while hot.
- Top instant pot spaghetti with shredded parmesan and basil if desired.
- Can easily omit ground beef if you'd prefer noodles only.
Adapted from The Salty Marshmallow.