Easy lasagna soup recipe -has all the delicious flavors of homemade lasagna without all the work! The perfect weeknight dinner.
September is here! There’s a chill in the air, the leaves are starting to change colors and soup is definitely on the menu. I absolutely love this time of year. Today I’m sharing one of my family’s favorite tastes like lasagna soup. The best thing about this soup is it us made all in one pot and is easy to tweak for personal taste. Everyone in my family loves it (which is no small task). This is the best lasagna soup and I can’t wait to make it all winter long. It pairs perfectly a big salad and my favorite french bread recipe. Perfect comfort food.
If you love all the delicious Italian flavors like Italian sausage, pasta, tomatoes, garlic, basil and CHEESE in a traditional lasagna, you are going to love this soup. It’s definitely a recipe to add to your menu this fall.
I love to serve this soup hot and top if with a big scoop of ricotta cheese and fresh basil. And you can always add more parmesan if you love cheese. Who are we kidding? More cheese is always a good idea.
Lasagna soup recipe
Easy lasagna soup
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 pound mild Italian sausage casing removed
- 1 32-ounce container chicken stock
- 2 15-ounce can petite diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2-3 Tablespoons freshly chopped basil more to taste
- 8 uncooked lasagna noodles broken into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese optional
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Ricotta cheese for serving
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add in the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook an additional minute. Add in the sausage (break up with a wooden spoon) and cook until browned. Drain any excess grease and then add in chicken stock, tomatoes and tomato paste. Stir until combined and then add the oregano, Italian seasoning and basil. Bring to a light boil and then add in the noodles. Cook for 8-10 minutes, or until the noodles are tender.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, and salt and pepper to taste. Ladle soup into bowls and top with spoonful of ricotta cheese and more basil if desired.
This is truly the best lasagna soup recipe that will guarantee to stay in your recipe file. My kids gobble it up every time.
Looking for more soup recipes? You’ll love these too: