Avocado Smoothie – Thick, creamy and absolutely delicious! Only takes 5 ingredients and 5 minutes to make. The perfect springtime smoothie that’s fresh and full of flavor!
I make all types of smoothie recipes during spring and summer. They make the perfect easy, quick and delicious breakfast or snack. This avocado smoothie is one of my go-tos, as well as my green smoothie, pineapple smoothie and mango smoothie bowl.
This post was created in partnership with Horizon Organic. All opinions are 100% my own. Check out their website for more recipes.
Avocado banana smoothie
I love everything about spring…green grass, flowers blooming, warmer weather and light and refreshing flavors. I get so excited once it’s finally here and love to cook with local produce that’s in season. Give me all the fresh, green and delicious fruits and vegetables!
One of my favorite ways to enjoy spring’s bounty is by making a refreshing smoothie. This avocado smoothie is one of my favorites because it’s smooth, creamy and packed with fresh fruits and veggies. Plus it’s made with Horizon Organic Milk, which is a brand that partners with 600+ organic family farms across the United States. Talk about a smoothie that you can feel good about enjoying!
Making this avocado smoothie recipe is the perfect way to use up any ripe avocados you have sitting around. Both the avocado and frozen banana give it that perfect silky and creamy texture. It tastes so delicious that my kids even love this green snack!
Ingredients for avocado smoothie
(Organic ingredients suggested, if available)
Milk: Our favorite is Horizon Organic Grassfed Reduced Fat Milk. We love that Horizon Organic dairy products are always produced without antibiotics, added hormones, persistent pesticides or GMOs. Plus, their Grassfed milk is produced from cows who graze on organic grass and forage for a minimum of 150 days per year. It’s so delicious and creamy!
Avocado: Make sure your avocado is ripe, but not brown! If it’s ready to use, it’ll have a dark green shell, feel slightly soft to touch and the stem will be green as well.
Spinach: I always add in a handful of fresh spinach to my smoothies. You can’t taste it and I love that it packs in more veggies!
Banana: I love the flavor and texture that bananas add to smoothies. I like to use frozen bananas which helps create a thicker smoothie, but you could use a fresh banana if preferred.
Frozen fruit: I usually add in frozen mango, but you could use frozen peaches or pineapple as well. You could even include a mixture of each. You can also add berries, but it will change the color.
Extras: Feel free to add in extras like protein powder, collagen, chia seeds, flaxseed, honey or bee pollen.
How to make avocado smoothie
I love how simple and easy this avocado banana smoothie is! Plus it comes together in just 5 minutes, which is super convenient for a quick breakfast or snack. Scroll down for the printable avocado smoothie recipe.
- Add ingredients to blender and blend. Add milk to bottom of high power blender. Then add remaining ingredients on top and blend until smooth.
- Adjust as needed and enjoy! Add more ice or liquid as needed and sweeten with honey if desired. You can also add more frozen fruit to reach desired taste/texture. Enjoy immediately.
TIP: To make your avocado smoothie a little sweeter, try adding 2-3 teaspoons of honey.
Can you taste avocado in smoothies?
The best part about adding avocados to smoothies is that you can’t really taste them! They help to create a smooth and creamy texture and have the most subtle flavor. I personally can’t taste them at all, especially if there are other sweeter fruits included like bananas, mangoes, pineapple or peaches.
Quick tips for avocado smoothie recipe
- This recipe is great for when you have an avocado that is starting to go brown. Just don’t let it go too brown!
- You can freeze any extra avocado! Simply add to a freezer bag and store in freezer until you make your next avocado smoothie!
- If you like your smoothies on the sweeter side, add 2-3 teaspoons honey to taste.
- I like to use tropical fruits in my avocado smoothie (mango, pineapple, peach), but you can use blueberries if preferred.
- You could also turn this smoothie into a smoothie bowl and top with fresh fruit, toasted coconut and granola.
Avocado Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup Horizon Organic Milk , more as needed
- 2 ounce organic small ripe avocado , halved and pitted
- 1 cup organic spinach
- 1 organic frozen banana
- 1/2 cup organic frozen mango, peaches or pineapple , more as needed
- ice , as needed
Optional add in's: organic protein powder or collagen, chia seeds, flaxseed, honey or bee pollen
- Add the milk to the bottom of a high power blender. Then add the remaining ingredients on top. Blend just until smooth.
- Add more ice or liquid as needed. Sweeten with honey if desired. You can also add more frozen fruit to reach desired taste/texture. Enjoy immediately.