A 3 ingredient acai smoothie made with the right balance of juicy sweetness and lip-smacking citrus. A delicious blend of powerhouse fruit, perfect for an early morning jolt or an afternoon pick me up!
Table of Contents
Healthy Acai Smoothie
There is nothing more refreshing than blended fresh fruit to breathe new life into your day. Healthy smoothies are the perfect way to ward off the cold-weather blues and pack lots of vitamins and nutrients into your meal.
Your kids will love the flavor of bananas and strawberries as well as the acai juice in this delicious acai smoothie. Freeze some into popsicle molds during the summer or in ice cube trays for little wee ones. Once you have this base smoothie, feel free to add in whatever you’d like. Sprinkle with some hemp seeds, add some chia seeds, flax seeds, or maybe a scoop of protein powder, nut butter, or collagen. This acai berry smoothie is perfect as is, but it can definitely be customized to your liking.
How to Make Acai Smoothie
It’s an easy 3 step process, all you need is your 3 ingredients, a blender, and a glass to drink from and you’re on your way to making your new favorite acai smoothie recipe!
- Add: To a blender, add the acai juice, strawberries, and bananas.
- Blend: Oh high speed, blend until smooth. Add more juice to thin it out or more strawberries (or banana) to thicken it up.
- Pour: Grab a couple of glasses and pour to enjoy right away!
Tips and Variations
- Thickness. For a thicker, shake-like consistency, use a frozen banana.
- Creaminess. For added creaminess and weight, add a scoop of greek yogurt.
- Fruit. Swap the strawberries for blueberries, raspberries, mango, or really any other fruit you’d like. Just for a difference of flavor from time to time!
- Powders. Add in protein powder or collagen for extra protein. Keep in mind they come with added flavors so you’ll want to find one that will complement the flavors in the smoothie.
- Smoothie bowl. Make an extra thick smoothie and pour it into a bowl for a delicious acai smoothie bowl. Then top with various nuts, seeds, and other add-ons for added texture and taste. Enjoy eating it with a spoon.
Storing & Freezing
- Store. This smoothie is best enjoyed fresh and served immediately. It serves two, so that’s just enough not to have any leftovers to store.
- Freeze. Definitely a freezable smoothie! This is a great option if you need to make it ahead of time and freeze for later. Make some healthy popsicles for the kids, or freeze them in ice cube trays for babies to enjoy. When you are ready to make the smoothie, blend the ice cubes with a bit of juice for a nice thick smoothie!
More Healthy Smoothie Recipes
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all the newest recipes!
- 1 cup acai juice
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- ½ frozen banana
For extra protein: Add vanilla protein powder or collagen
- Combine the acai, strawberries and banana in a blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. Add more juice if you need to thin it out, or more strawberries if you'd like it thicker. Feel free to add in vanilla protein powder or collagen for extra protein.
- Pour into glasses and serve immediately.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
These are better than any dessert. Hello healthy me! Thank you for sharing!!
This smoothie was perfect to kick my ‘better eating’ into gear for the new year! Completely delicious and love that you used Acai.
This is the perfect smoothie! Love how simple it is and the flavor is amazing!