Easy homemade granola recipe with oats, honey, coconut, pecans and a delicious crunch. Perfect for snacking, breakfast or dessert!
Today I have a super yummy and easy granola recipe to share with you. My mom makes homemade granola all the time and it is one of my favorites. Every time I visit, she sends me with a bag to take home. Aren’t mom’s the best?!
I now make this recipe every month as well and my whole family loves it! It is really easy to make and is great served on greek yogurt with fresh cut strawberries. It’s slightly crunchy, chewy and sweet.
Why I love it:
- Cost effective. Making homemade granola is much cheaper than store-bought!
- Less than 30 minutes. It takes less than 30 minutes, which is always a win in my book.
- Customizable. Add in your favorite mix-in’s and make fun variations.
- Versatile. Use it for snacking, smoothies, oatmeal, yogurt and more.
- Stays fresh for long. Granola will keep for up to a month stored in an airtight container.
To make this recipe, you’ll need the ingredients below:
- Old fashioned oats
- Canola oil
- Brown sugar
- Chocolate chips
- Dried fruit
- Other nuts like almonds or walnuts
- Chia seeds
How to make homemade granola
Check out the printable below.
- Preheat oven and line pan. Preheat oven to 300°F and line or grease a jelly roll pan. Set aside.
- Mix ingredients together. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients until combined. Spread granola mixture out evenly onto the jelly roll pan.
- Bake granola. Bake the granola for 7 minutes, then remove from oven and stir. Place back in oven and bake for 7-8 more minutes. Remove, stir and let cool.
Ways to use granola
Granola is SO versatile and delicious. Check out some of my favorite ways to use it below:
- Yogurt bowl with fresh fruit
- Hot oatmeal or overnight oats
- Smoothies or smoothie bowls
- On top of peanut butter banana toast
- Eat with a bowl of milk
- As a topping for baked apples or peaches
- Eat plain for a snack
- Make breakfast popsicles
- Sprinkle on top of vanilla ice cream
Add granola to an airtight container or bag. I love to store it in a glass mason jar. It will keep for up to 1 month stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
More healthy snacks:
- Homemade Granola Bars
- No-Bake Energy Balls
- Homemade Muesli
- Almond Joy No-Bake Energy Bites
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls
Homemade Granola Recipe
Optional mix in's: Additional nuts, seeds or craisins (I love adding in 1/2 cup golden berry blend from TJ)
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line or grease a jelly roll pan and set aside.
- Mix ingredients in a large bowl and stir until combined. Spread granola mixture out evenly onto a greased jelly roll pan.
- Bake for 7 minutes. Remove from oven and stir. Put back in the oven for 7-10 more minutes or until it reaches desired crunchiness. It will harden more as it cools, so be careful not to burn. Remove from oven, stir and let cool.
- Store granola in an air tight container and serve with yogurt, smoothies, ice cream and more!
- Granola will harden as it cools, so be careful not to over cook.
- If adding chocolate chips or dried fruit, wait to add in until granola has been cooked and cooled.