One pot bacon and chive macaroni and cheese -the bacon makes this recipe extra yummy!
Bacon + macaroni and cheese were made for each other. I can’t even with this dish. This recipe is so simple, but so good. The best part? You can make it in one pot in 30 minutes. It doesn’t get better than that. This is the perfect meal for those crazy school nights. You can have dinner on the table in no time.
Did I mention there’s bacon? I know, pure evil…but so good.
I used McCormick’s new Perfect Pinch® blends Bacon & Chive Seasoning for the recipe and it added the perfect flavor. Next on my list to make with this seasoning is Bacon & Chive Easy Twice Baked Potatoes. Hello, yummy!
One pot bacon and chive macaroni and cheese
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 1/4 cup chicken stock 16.9 oz container
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1 1/2 cup elbow noodles
- 14.5 ounces 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Bacon & Chive Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cup sharp cheese
- 8 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 Tablespoon chopped chives
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and stir for 1-2 minutes. Once the onions are translucent, slowly pour in the chicken stock. Then stir in the corn starch and stir until it is completely dissolved.
- Next stir in the elbow noodles, tomatoes, Bacon & Chive seasoning, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and then cover the pot and bring the heat down to low. Allow to cook for about 10 minutes, or until the noodles are cooked. Once the noodles are cooked, stir in the cheese and bacon. Garnish with chives, if desired. Enjoy while it’s hot!