One pot chive and bacon mac and cheese made in just 30 minutes! The perfect easy and quick meal for busy weeknights!
Table of Contents
Adult Mac and Cheese
Is there anything better than creamy and rich macaroni and cheese? I think not! This bacon mac n cheese is a top pick, as well as smoked gouda mac and cheese, fried macaroni balls, slow cooker mac and cheese and baked macaroni. Yum!
Bacon + macaroni and cheese were made for each other! I can’t even with this dish. This recipe is so simple, but so good. And the best part? You can make it in one pot in 30 minutes! Doesn’t get better than that.
This bacon mac n cheese is the perfect meal for those crazy school nights. You can have dinner on the table in no time. And it’s one of those meals that everyone in the family will love. I mean, how could you not love gooey cheese, crispy bacon, tender noodles and flavorful spices. So delicious!
Did I mention there’s bacon?! I know, pure evil…but so good!
How to Make Bacon Macaroni and Cheese
Step 1: Cook onions and garlic
Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-heat. Add in the chopped onions and garlic and stir for 1 to 2 minutes. Once onions are translucent, slowly pour in the chicken stock. Then add in corn starch and stir until completely dissolved.
Step 2: Bring noodles to a boil, then simmer
Next stir in the noodles, tomatoes, bacon and chive seasoning, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then cover pot and turn heat to low. Simmer for about 10 minutes, or until noodles are cooked.
Step 3: Add in cheese and bacon
Once the noodles are cooked, stir in the cheese and bacon. Garnish with chives, if desired. Enjoy while it’s hot!
If you love easy one pot meals add this easy goulash recipe to your dinner rotation! It’s a family favorite.
More Easy One-Pot Meals
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all the newest recipes!
Bacon Mac and Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup onion , finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 ¼ cups chicken stock (16.9 oz container)
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1 ½ cups elbow noodles
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon bacon & chive seasoning
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 ½ cups sharp cheese
- 8 strips bacon , cooked and crumbled
- 1 Tablespoon chives , chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-heat. Add onions and garlic and stir for 1-2 minutes. Once the onions are translucent, slowly pour in the chicken stock. Then stir in the corn starch and stir until it is completely dissolved.
- Next stir in the elbow noodles, tomatoes, bacon & chive seasoning, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and then cover the pot and bring the heat down to low. Allow to cook for about 10 minutes, or until the noodles are cooked.
- Once the noodles are cooked, stir in the cheese and bacon. Garnish with chives, if desired. Enjoy while it’s hot!
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
I’m unable to find bacon and chive seasoning here. Should I just leave it out or replace it?
You can use a mix of onion powder, garlic powder and paprika :)
My grocery store doesn’t carry bacon and chive seasoning. Would it still turn out OK if I don’t use the seasoning?
Yes it will still turn out well! Just a little less flavor. :)
This recipe is perfect as is, but the bacon takes it to the next level!
We are all about the 30 minute meals! This mac and cheese did not disappoint! The family loved it!
This was so easy and delicious! Love that it’s made in one pot!
I’m so glad to hear you enjoyed it! :)
when u say sharp cheese what do u mean as I WOLD LIKE TO TRY THIS
Sharp Cheddar Cheese :)
This looks sooo good! Do you drain the tomatoes before adding them?
Hi Tammy! I don’t drain the tomatoes. :)