Easy Goulash Recipe made in one pot – a classic favorite dish packed with more flavor! This homemade goulash is made in one pot (including the noodles) and is done in 30 minutes.
This is one of those comfort food recipes and this one tastes just like the one my mom made for me when I was a child, but packed with more flavor! I always loved when my mom made goulash growing up. She called it something else, which I can’t remember now (maybe just hamburger and noodles… who knows), but I think it’s more universally known as goulash. :)
The best thing about this dish is it’s made in one pot in less than 30 minutes. I love that you don’t have to cook the noodles in a separate pan. Can’t beat that! Perfect for those busy week nights. I think I need a one pot meal every night of my life. Another favorite is my one pot burrito bowls… you’ll have to give that recipe a try as well!
For this recipe, basically all you need to do is brown the hamburger with some garlic, seasonings and onion. Then you’ll add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, sweet corn, chicken broth, tomato sauce and noodles to the pot and let simmer 10-12 minutes, or until the noodles are tender.
I love adding fresh chopped onions and bell peppers to this goulash recipe. The orange and red peppers are my favorite to use.
Then of course you’ll want to sprinkle cheese over top to make it extra yummy. Seriously, give me all the cheese. It’s much better when it’s been freshly grated too. There’s just something about it.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red or orange bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt such as lawry’s
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (15 ounces) 15-ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounces) 15-ounce can sweet corn
- 1 (15 ounces) 15-ounce can chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounces) 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 cups dry elbow noodles
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Fresh chopped basil for serving, optional
- In a large pot add beef, onion and peppers. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until brown. Drain any grease if needed. Stir in the garlic, Italian seasoning, seasoned salt and Worcestershire sauce. Allow to cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, sweet corn, chicken broth and tomato sauce. Bring to a light simmer and then stir in noodles. Stir, and then cover with a lid. Allow to cook for 10-12 minutes, or until the noodles are tender. Stir every few minutes to prevent the noodles from sticking.
- Taste and add salt and pepper if desired. Sprinkle cheese over top and cover with the lid for one minute, or until the cheese has melted. Add fresh basil if desired. Serve while hot!
Looking for more one pot recipes? You’ll love these too: