Baked brie with honey – A simple and delicious appetizer recipe that’s always a crowd pleaser! This baked brie is so creamy, rich and tastes amazing paired with the sweetness of the honey.
Whenever I make a big charcuterie board, I love to include baked brie. It tastes amazing with a little honey drizzled on top and is perfect for snacking.
Looking for an appetizer recipe that’s easy, tastes delicious and comes together in less than 10 minutes? This baked brie with honey is perfect for you!
There’s something about baked brie that makes it seem like such an elevated appetizer, but the truth is – it is SO easy to make! Just drizzle the rind with honey and pop in the oven for 5-7 minutes. And there you have it – a creamy and rich appetizer that has the perfect sweet and savory combination of flavors. So yummy and always a big crowd pleaser!
Do you take the rind off brie before baking?
You don’t have to! I usually don’t because it’s just one extra step. If you leave the rind on, the brie will ooze out of the sides and you can use a knife to spread it on the baguettes or crackers.
If you’d like to remove the rind, simply scrape it off of the top before adding the cheese to the baking sheet. Just know that without the rind, it will likely spread more because there’s nothing holding it together.
How to bake brie
Baking brie might sound intimidating, but it is so so easy! Just follow the simple steps below to get started.
- Cut brie and add honey. Slice the brie in half. Line a baking sheet with foil and place the brie rind on the foil. Then drizzle the honey on top.
- Bake and serve! Bake in oven at 350°F for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the cheese starts to melt out. Enjoy with french baguettes or crackers.
Modifications + Toppings
- What I love about baked brie is that there are so many different pairings that taste delicious! If you don’t have honey on hand or would prefer a different topping, try using fig jam, apricot jam, strawberry jam or raspberry preserves. You can even use a spicy pepper jelly.
- For an extra crunch, try topping with pecans. You can either top the brie with fresh pecans once it’s out of the oven or you can even bake the pecans so that they get crispy as well. If baking, I would mix the pecans with a little brown sugar and butter…it makes them taste super yummy.
- If you’re looking to turn this recipe into more of a dessert, try topping with nutella or chocolate and strawberries. Both make a delicious sweet and savory combination.
- If you really want to wow the crowd, try wrapping the brie in a puff pastry. I like this recipe. but you can also buy a premade baked brie puff pastry at the store.
- If you’re serving a larger crowd, you can easily use a whole brie rind to make this recipe. Just double the amount of honey used.
Other easy appetizers:
- Classic Cheese Ball Recipe
- Crockpot BBQ Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball
- Bruschetta Recipe
Baked Brie with Honey
- 4 ounces Brie cheese rind (1/2 of rind)
- 2-3 Tablespoons honey , more to taste
For serving: french baguette, crackers and or vegetables
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Cut the brie in half. Wrap a baking sheet with foil and then place the brie rind on the foil. Drizzle the honey over the top.
- Bake for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the cheese has started to melt out. Enjoy with french baguettes or crackers.