This bacon cheddar ranch dip is the perfect appetizer for game day served with your favorite vegetables and crackers. This dip comes together in just minutes and is full of flavor. It’s a total crowd-pleaser!
Table of Contents
Perfect Party Appetizer
This bacon cheddar dip is everything you’ve ever dreamed of. Creamy, cheesy and super flavorful with pieces of bacon and green onion in every bite. It reminds me of my favorite bacon ranch cheese ball, but with a creamier, dip-able texture.
Not only is it delicious, but it’s also SO easy to make. While we love this recipe for potato skins, it can be a little more time consuming. This dip is the perfect party appetizer to serve for game day, holidays, potlucks, and baby showers as it is so simple to whip up!
This bacon ranch dip tastes amazing served with crackers, veggies, chips, pretzel bites…you name it! It’s always a crowd favorite and is completely addicting!
Find the full printable recipe with specific measurements below.
- Cream cheese: The cream cheese gives the dip a really creamy texture. Make sure it is at room temperature.
- Sour cream: This helps lighten the cream cheese and give the dip a smoother texture.
- Cheddar cheese: I like to use cheddar cheese because it pairs so well with the bacon and ranch.
- Ranch seasoning: This seasoning gives the dip its flavor boost.
- Bacon: Cooked, crumbly bacon adds a nice crunch and saltiness to the dip.
Bacon Dip Tips + Variations
- Bacon in the oven. While you could use bacon bits for convenience, trust me when I say that cooking fresh bacon in the oven is the way to go. It gets perfectly crispy and delicious with hardly any clean up.
- Spice. To add a little heat, add a few dashes of your favorite hot sauce or mix in a sprinkle of red pepper flakes. Chopped jalapenos would also be a delicious addition (just make sure to remove the seeds first!).
- Crunch. Mix in 1/4 cup sliced almonds for a crunchier consistency.
- Dipping. We love serving this dip with crackers, fresh veggies or tortilla chips. It would also taste great with pretzels or Fritos too.
- Let chill. I like to chill the dip in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes prior to serving to allow the flavors to set. It really does make a difference in taste!
How to Make Bacon Cheddar Dip
- Combine. In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese and sour cream together.
- Mix together the ranch seasoning and cheese until well blended.
- Bacon. Add in bacon to the cheese dip when ready to serve.
- Serve. Place in a serving bowl with your favorite vegetables (like carrots, broccoli and celery) and crackers. Sprinkle bacon, shredded cheese, and green onions on top.
The base of a dip is usually prepared with softened cream cheese and sour cream with other cheeses mixed in.
Preparing this dip in advance is super easy. Simply mix together all of the ingredients (except for the bacon), then cover and store in the fridge. Right before serving, mix in the crumbled bacon and add any additional toppings like sliced green onion or more bacon and cheese.
We like to serve this dip in a bowl and place on a platter. That way you can add the vegetables and crackers onto the platter for easy dipping.
To store: This dip will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, however the bacon may soften a bit when storing. Make sure to cover it tightly with a lid or plastic wrap and give it a big stir before enjoying again.
Love easy dip recipes? Try this crowd pleasing queso blanco dip, cowboy caviar and 7 layer dip!
More Easy Appetizer IdeasBrowse all
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all the newest recipes!
Bacon Cheddar Ranch Dip
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese , softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (1-ounce) packet ranch seasoning
- 1 to 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese , plus more to taste
- 8 to 10 slices bacon , cooked and crumbled
- Salt , to taste
- Ground black pepper , to taste
For topping: Crumbled bacon, Shredded cheese, Sliced green onion
For serving: Ritz crackers, Tortilla chips, Vegetables
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese and sour cream until smooth.
- Stir in the ranch seasoning and cheese until combined. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, stir in the crumbled bacon until combined. Top with extra bacon, cheese, and green onions.
- Serve with your favorite chips, crackers, and vegetables.
- To add a little spice add a few dashes or hot sauce or red pepper flakes.
- For a little crunch you could also mix in 1/4 cup sliced almonds.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
This is a fabulous dip! I served it for our Christmas Eve buffet and it was loved by everyone! I used low fat cream cheese, and light sour cream with the ranch seasoning. No salt needed! A sturdy chip or veggies are needed since this is a thicker dip. Sooo good!
So glad everyone enjoyed the dip!
I have the Ranch Dip seasoning. Will that work with this recipe
Yes you can :)
I’m planning a party next Saturday. This will be an awesome addition to my appetizers table. I will definitely make this. Sounds delicious and easy to make.
I love that this tasty dip only takes 10 minutes to make! I may or may not share this – yum!
Great dip. Everyone loved it. Delicious.
All of this is so good.
Mmmm…bacon!! So delicious!