This bacon cheddar ranch dip is the perfect appetizer for game day served with your favorite vegetables and crackers. This dip comes together in just minutes and is full of flavor. It’s a total crowd-pleaser!
Perfect party appetizer
This bacon cheddar dip is everything you’ve ever dreamed of. Creamy, cheesy and super flavorful with pieces of bacon and green onion in every bite. It reminds me of my favorite bacon ranch cheese ball, but with a creamier, dip-able texture.
Not only is it delicious, but it’s also SO easy to make. This dip is the perfect party appetizer to serve for game day, holidays, potlucks, baby showers and more.
It tastes amazing served with crackers, veggies, chips…you name it! It’s always a crowd favorite and is completely addicting!
Bacon Dip Tips + Variations
- Bacon in the oven. While you could use bacon bits for convenience, trust me when I say that cooking fresh bacon in the oven is the way to go. It gets perfectly crispy and delicious with hardly any clean up.
- Spice. To add a little heat, add a few dashes of your favorite hot sauce or mix in a sprinkle of red pepper flakes. Chopped jalapenos would also be a delicious addition (just make sure to remove the seeds first!).
- Crunch. Mix in 1/4 cup sliced almonds for a crunchier consistency.
- Dipping. We love serving this dip with crackers, fresh veggies or tortilla chips. It would also taste great with pretzels or Fritos too.
- Let chill. I like to chill the dip in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes prior to serving to allow the flavors to set. It really does make a difference in taste!
Make Ahead and Storing
To make ahead: Preparing this dip in advance is super easy. Simply mix together all of the ingredients (except for the bacon), then cover and store in the fridge. Right before serving, mix in the crumbled bacon and add any additional toppings like sliced green onion or more bacon and cheese.
To store: This dip will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, however the bacon may soften a bit when storing. Make sure to cover it tightly with a lid or plastic wrap and give it a big stir before enjoying again.
More Easy Appetizer Ideas:
- Mini bacon ranch cheese ball bites
- Easy potato skins
- Bacon ranch deviled eggs
- 7-layer dip cups
- Bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers
Bacon Cheddar Ranch Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 ounce ranch seasoning , 1 packet
- 1 to 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese , more to taste
- 8 to 10 slices bacon , cooked and crumbled
- salt and pepper , to taste
For topping: crumbled bacon, shredded cheese, sliced green onion
For serving: ritz crackers, tortilla chips, vegetables
- Combine the cream cheese and sour cream in a medium sized bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Add the ranch seasoning and cheese. Mix until combined. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, stir in the bacon (cooked, cooled and crumbled). Stir until combined. Top with extra bacon, cheese and sliced green onions if desired.
- Serve with your favorite chips, crackers and vegetables.
- To add a little spice add a few dashes or hot sauce or red pepper flakes.
- For a little crunch you could also mix in 1/4 cup sliced almonds.