This bacon cheddar ranch dip is the perfect appetizer for game day served with your favorite vegetables and crackers. This dip comes together in just minutes and is full of flavor. It’s a total crowd-pleaser!
Table of Contents
Perfect Party Appetizer
This bacon cheddar dip is everything you’ve ever dreamed of. Creamy, cheesy, and super flavorful with pieces of bacon and green onion in every bite. It reminds me of my favorite bacon ranch cheese ball but with a creamier, dipable texture.
Not only is it delicious, but it’s also SO easy to make. While we love this recipe for potato skins, it can be a little more time-consuming. This dip is the perfect party appetizer to serve for game day, holidays, potlucks, and baby showers as it is so simple to whip up!
This bacon ranch dip tastes amazing served with crackers, veggies, chips, pretzel bites…you name it! It’s always a crowd favorite and is completely addicting!
Cheddar bacon ranch dip is mixed together in one large mixing bowl! Fold all the ingredients together and combine then garnish with extra bacon. It is that simple to make with these classic dip ingredients!
Find the full printable recipe with specific measurements below.
- Cream cheese: The cream cheese gives the dip a really creamy texture. Make sure it is at room temperature.
- Sour cream: This helps lighten the cream cheese and give the dip a smoother texture.
- Cheddar cheese: I like to use cheddar cheese because it pairs so well with the bacon and ranch.
- Ranch seasoning: This ranch dressing mix gives the dip its flavor boost.
- Bacon: Cooked, crumbly bacon adds a nice crunch and saltiness to the dip.
How to Make Bacon Cheddar Dip
In four easy steps, you will have the best crack dip that everyone loves! The base of the dip is creamy and smooth with all the flavor. Simply mix together all the ingredients and start dipping your favorite veggies and chips!
- Combine. In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese and sour cream together.
- Mix together the ranch seasoning and cheese until well blended.
- Bacon. Add bacon to the cheese dip when ready to serve.
- Serve. Place in a serving bowl with your favorite vegetables (like carrots, broccoli, and celery) and crackers. Sprinkle bacon, shredded cheese, and green onions on top.
Bacon Dip Tips + Variations
Follow these tips and variations to make this bacon cheddar ranch dip even better! These variations have spice or crunch, and learn what to dip it in. You are going to love these extra tips plus variations to make the best bacon ranch dip!
- Bacon in the oven. While you could use bacon bits for convenience, trust me when I say that cooking fresh bacon in the oven is the way to go. It gets perfectly crispy and delicious with hardly any cleanup.
- Spice. To add a little heat, add a few dashes of your favorite hot sauce or mix in a sprinkle of red pepper flakes. Chopped jalapenos would also be a delicious addition (just make sure to remove the seeds first!).
- Crunch. Mix in 1/4 cup sliced almonds for a crunchier consistency.
- Dipping. We love serving this dip with crackers, fresh veggies, potato chips, or tortilla chips. It would also taste great with pretzels or Fritos too.
- Let chill. I like to chill the dip in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes prior to serving to allow the flavors to set. It really does make a difference in taste!
The base of a dip is usually prepared with softened cream cheese and sour cream with other cheeses mixed in.
Preparing for this dip in advance is super easy. Simply mix all of the ingredients (except for the bacon), then cover and store in the fridge. Right before serving, mix in the crumbled bacon and add any additional toppings like sliced green onion or more bacon and cheese.
We like to serve this dip in a bowl and place it on a platter. That way you can add the vegetables and crackers onto the platter for easy dipping.
Storing Bacon Cheddar Dip
This dip will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, however, the bacon may soften a bit when stored. Make sure to cover it tightly with a lid or plastic wrap and give it a big stir before enjoying it again.
Love easy dip recipes? Try this crowd-pleasing queso blanco dip, cowboy caviar, and 7-layer dip!
More Easy Appetizer IdeasBrowse all
Bacon Cheddar Ranch Dip
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese , softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (1-ounce) packet ranch seasoning
- 1 to 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese , plus more to taste
- 8 to 10 slices bacon , cooked and crumbled
- Salt , to taste
- Ground black pepper , to taste
For topping: Crumbled bacon, Shredded cheese, Sliced green onion
For serving: Ritz crackers, Tortilla chips, Vegetables
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese and sour cream until smooth.
- Stir in the ranch seasoning and cheese until combined. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, stir in the crumbled bacon until combined. Top with extra bacon, cheese, and green onions.
- Serve with your favorite chips, crackers, and vegetables.
- To add a little spice add a few dashes or hot sauce or red pepper flakes.
- For a little crunch you could also mix in 1/4 cup sliced almonds.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!