Grilled BBQ Chicken Foil Dinner – 5 simple ingredients and only 30 minutes to make! An EASY and delicious dinner with no clean up. This barbecue chicken is one of our favorite summer meals!
Grilled BBQ Chicken Breast
One of our favorite meals to make during the summer is tin foil dinners. They are so easy to prep and have virtually no clean up. The best part is that you don’t need to heat up your house and can cook the foil packets out on your grill. I absolutely love grilling in the summer and watching my kids play out in the yard. When the weather is nice, we’re usually outside grilling! It makes dinner so easy.
The flavor of this grilled BBQ chicken is perfect and tender. For these chicken foil dinners, I used just a few simple ingredients: BBQ sauce, red bell pepper, red onion and green beans. You can add in any of your favorite vegetables to mix it up. We love to serve the tin foil dinner with baked potatoes or rolls and sliced watermelon. It’s my kid’s absolute favorite!
How to make BBQ chicken
- Lay out a piece of non-stick foil (or spray with non-stick spray). Place one chicken breast on top of each piece. Salt and pepper. Then spread about 2 Tablespoons of BBQ sauce onto each piece.
- Divide the green beans, bell pepper and onion among the 4 sheets. Add more salt and pepper on top of the vegetables if desired.
- Place another sheet of foil on top and then fold in each side, securing the sides of the packets.
- Place each packet on the grill. Cook barbecue chicken for about 20 minutes (or until chicken is cooked through), flipping at about 12 minutes. Brush grilled BBQ chicken with more BBQ sauce if desired.
What temperature is chicken done on the grill?
Cooking barbecue chicken on the grill sometimes turns into a science! Chicken breasts cook differently depending on the size and the cut, so it’s important to know what temperature to aim for so that you know the grilled BBQ chicken breast is cooked through. I’ve found that when the internal temperature of the chicken breast reaches 165°F, it’s perfectly cooked through and tender. I use a meat thermometer to measure the temperature and would definitely recommend you get one if you don’t have one (I use this one). They are fairly inexpensive and definitely come in handy when grilling, baking or frying!
More grilling ideas for dinner
Just like this barbecue chicken, there are so many other delicious and easy grilling ideas for dinner. Below are a few of my absolute favorites!
- Greek chicken burger recipe
- Hamburger recipe
- Grilled fruit kabobs with a cinnamon honey glaze
- Best easy chicken marinade
- Easy steak marinade
Love this grilled BBQ chicken? You’ll like these other chicken recipes too:
Grilled BBQ Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce (more if desired)
- 1 pound green beans
- 2 red bell peppers (chopped)
- 1/2 red onion (chopped)
- kosher salt and pepper (to taste)
- sliced green onions (if desired)
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. Lay out 4 (12″) sheets of non-stick foil (or spray with non-stick spray). Place one chicken breast on top of each piece. Salt and pepper. Then spread about 2 Tablespoons of BBQ sauce onto each piece. Divide the green beans, bell pepper and onion among the 4 sheets. Add more salt and pepper on top of the vegetables if desired. Place another sheet of foil on top and then fold in each side, securing the sides of the packets.
- Place each packet on the grill. Cook for about 20 minutes (or until barbecue chicken is cooked through), flipping at about 12 minutes. Brush grilled BBQ chicken breast with more BBQ sauce if desired.
- Allow packets to rest for a couple minutes off the grill. Serve grilled BBQ chicken while warm on plates.
I love brushing more BBQ sauce when the grilled BBQ chicken comes off the grill and topping with a few green onions. Adds some color and so much flavor. Enjoy! :)